Second hand Marijuana smoke smells like skunk

Ser Scot A Ellison

Not only does the smoke stink, but it makes you stink as well. I love it when kids walk around acting like nothing is going on, when clearly they have been smoking a shit ton of weed. There is almost a green aura around these people. 

Its not as bad as cigarette smoke, I don't know how people who smoke deal with the fact that they fucking stink like a used ashtray all the time, I think they just don't notice it because their sense of smell is so messed up. 

Personally I think there is nothing more vomit inducing that the smell of someone who has just come back in the room after smoking. Piss off back outside mate with the other peasants.

14 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

You think weed smells bad, i've just been in a sports hall with 30 teenagers doing sport all day.  

The locker rooms from 80's police movies look especially awful. Count yourself lucky you're a modern copper. 

18 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

The locker rooms from 80's police movies look especially awful. Count yourself lucky you're a modern copper. 

Whereas Porky's showed us all the effect of 80's high school locker rooms on women. 

13 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Something else that occurred to me about the smell of Marijuana...it sticks. To everything.  Whether you enjoy it or not...it sticks. And lingers. 

We don't test at work. Except for valets. But we have a new cook. Nice guy. Seems like he'll fit in with the team. He came into work the other day, and he'd been smoking at some point in the coat he was wearing. That's apropos of nothing, especially as it didn't seem to be on his clothes from under the coat. Yet he was using sharp knives...

I don't care what one does in their personal lives...but then there is that smell and knives and hopefully no paperwork...

Oh… when I drove Uber I hated driving heavy tokers.  They reeked.  I’d try to discretely roll the windows down a bit to dissipate the smell… it didn’t help.

3 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

You think weed smells bad, i've just been in a sports hall with 30 teenagers doing sport all day.  

Are you familiar with the fallacy of relative privation?  One thing being worse doesn’t make something else… not bad.

3 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Condense that by boiling at high temperature in ammonia, blood and sweat until it drips like sludge. That’s your hockey bag smell for the next decade.

Here’s a fun one… my office parking deck has a big sign that says it is a non-smoking area.  I’m leaving to pick up my son from school and a jackass is standing right next to my driver’s side door (so close I had to ask him to move to get into my car… I was in the first spot on the row) puffing away.  The car reeked of cigarette smoke… I suppose I should be grateful he was leaning on the car.

:grrrrrrr:

8 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Next up is seriously:

People Who Don’t Put Shopping Carts Back

What person is worse, the one who won't put their cart back or the one who walks in the middle of the parking lot? 

4 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Here’s a fun one… my office parking deck has a big sign that says it is a non-smoking area.  I’m leaving to pick up my son from school and a jackass is standing right next to my driver’s side door (so close I had to ask him to move to get into my car… I was in the first spot on the row) puffing away.  The car reeked of cigarette smoke… I suppose I should be grateful he was leaning on the car.

:grrrrrrr:

The car reeked of cigarette smoke? Curious. How did that happen, exactly?

When you went to work, did you accidentally leave the car windows open, allowing the nasty smoke to slowly fill and pollute your car? Or, when arriving back at your car, did you open the driver's door and then just stand there, tutting disapprovingly at the smoker as his smoke wafted into your car (whilst being secretly pleased so you could come on here and whinge about the smell)?

Or are you claiming that in the five seconds it took for you to open your car, get in, and close the car door, the guy's cigarette smoke somehow defied all known laws of physics and, instead of dispersing upwards into the open sky, immediately funnelled itself into your car, where it stubbornly remained, despite opening all the windows as you drove angrily away?

Because, frankly, this all seems highly improbable. 

19 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

I had read that as the other guy’s car smelled like cigarette smoke, and was wondering how Ser Scot god abducted and lived to tell the tale. 

Nope.  My car.  I have no idea how long Smokey McSmokington had been standing next to my car puffing away.  But the interior of my car reeked when I got inside.  

Smokey, I remind you, was so close to my diver’s side door I had to ask him to move to… get into my car.

I wound up rolling all the windows down to get rid of the smell driving to pick up my son.

9 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Righto.

*strokes chin*

Are you also going to claim it is impossible to smell people smoking in cars ahead of me when I’m on external air with my windows rolled up?  Or are you going to ignore the fact that smoking kills your olifactory senses?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5783692/

5 minutes ago, Week said:

Love a good old fashioned classist rant. /s

Stay classy all.

My Paternal Grandmother who died in Early February 1984 when I was 13 years old was a chain smoker.  She’s been gone 39 years and I still fucking miss her and her smoking probably contributed to the massive fucking heart attack that killed her at age 62.  So, yes, I’m not fond of smoking.

If that makes me “classist” I’ll wear that as a badge of pride.  Fuck smoking.

48 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Are you also going to claim it is impossible to smell people smoking in cars ahead of me when I’m on external air with my windows rolled up?  Or are you going to ignore the fact that smoking kills your olifactory senses?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5783692/

LOL...

Of course I can accept you might be able to smell cigarettes from cars in front when you are driving. Because I often smell that, too. Just as I smell all kinds of other things when driving. Cut grass. Pizza. Car exhaust. Bullshit.

The interior of your stationary car 'reeked' of cigarette smoke just because some guy happened to smoke a cigarette in close proximity.

Hmmm.

How did that happen? It doesn't make any sense. Please explain to me how a guy smoking next to the driver's door of your car somehow managed to get his smoke to waft down and across your car's bonnet, before reversing direction and forcing its way through the air-vents, into the interior of your car, in enough quantities to render it as stinky as a week old ashtray.

I know that's virtually impossible.

How?

I was a smoker of cigarettes for over twenty years. 

And if you, too, Scot, had ever been a smoker, you would know that there is only one direction that cigarette smoke goes when you're outside. And it ain't down.

29 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

My Paternal Grandmother who died in Early February 1984 when I was 13 years old was a chain smoker.  She’s been gone 39 years and I still fucking miss her and her smoking probably contributed to the massive fucking heart attack that killed her at age 62.  So, yes, I’m not fond of smoking.

If that makes me “classist” I’ll wear that as a badge of pride.  Fuck smoking.

My maternal grandmother smoked twenty-a-day all her life and lived to 87. But she didn't drink.

You don't know that smoking killed your gran. Alcohol use is also a pretty big factor in heart disease.

Archived