Football: Squeaky Bum Time

polishgenius

I wonder what Naggelsman is doing right now

easy to say now but sacking him was a very debatable choice (and a mistake IMO). There was no hurry at all since Tuchel wasn't going to retake the Chelsea job, and probably not the Spurs job either. They could have let the season go and discuss that in summer

29 minutes ago, Daemon the Leaner said:

that will make Arsenal's achievement (yes, I think Gooners will edge it) even greater

100%. I still think City will win but the accomplishment of Arsenal this season against this juggernaut has been nothing short of amazing.

In completely unsurprising news, Liverpool pull out of Bellingham race :rolleyes:

A report in The Times yesterday insisted that Liverpool view a ‘summer rebuild’ as more important than spending a huge sum of money on one player with Bellingham valued in excess of £100m.

And Florian Plettenberg claims that West Ham’s Declan Rice, Brighton’s Moises Caicedo, Inter Milan’s Nicolo Barella, Bayern Munich’s Ryan Gravenberch and Wolves’ Matheus Nunes make up the other five players on the Liverpool ‘shortlist’ and ‘being discussed with Klopp’.

The Sky Germany reporter also revealed that Klopp was ‘100 per cent involved in the decision not to buy Bellingham’ and that the ‘decision was taken with the owners’.

13 hours ago, Mexal said:

100%. I still think City will win but the accomplishment of Arsenal this season against this juggernaut has been nothing short of amazing.

Yep, there is a very good chance City stop 3 historically great seasons from being rewarded with titles.  Liverpool finished second with 97 and 92 points, and Arsenal are on track for 92/93 at current ppg rate. 

14 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Yep, there is a very good chance City stop 3 historically great seasons from being rewarded with titles.  Liverpool finished second with 97 and 92 points, and Arsenal are on track for 92/93 at current ppg rate. 

For City to win the league you'd assume they likely win the game at the Emirates. How many points Arsenal end up with in that scenario probably depends on how they react to knowing they've more than likely let their chance slip after being in front for so long. I reckon they'd probably drop drop more points in the remaining games and end up with a very respectable high 80s total but not quite the completely ridiculous not to win the league 92/93 points sort of level. Maybe not though, Arsenal have surprised me a few times this year with how resilient they've been. :dunno:

2 hours ago, ljkeane said:

For City to win the league you'd assume they likely win the game at the Emirates.

Etihad. They already played the league game at the Emirates which City won. That gives City a slight advantage but Arsenal have been very good this season and this would be a game they don't have to win. If they get a point then I expect Arsenal will go on and win the league.

Damn, City might actually win the CL this year. They looked very good yesterday and that tie should be over.

Benfica/Inter was a good game for the neutrals. End-to-end stuff and we would have had a much higher scoring game had the finishing on both sides not been so poor.

Stadiums announced for 2028 bid, no Old Trafford/Anfield obviously the biggest surprise.  I like how spread out it is relatively. 

Host stadiums

1. Wembley Stadium (London) (capacity 90,652)

2. Principality Stadium (Cardiff) (73,952)

3. Tottenham Hotspur Stadium (London) (62,322)

4. Etihad Stadium (Manchester) (61,000)

5. Everton Stadium (Liverpool) (52,679)

6. St James' Park (Newcastle) (52,305)

7. Villa Park (Birmingham) (52,190)

8. Hampden Park (Glasgow) (52,032)

9. Aviva Stadium (Dublin) (51,711)

10. Casement Park (Belfast) (34,500)

3 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Etihad. They already played the league game at the Emirates which City won. That gives City a slight advantage but Arsenal have been very good this season and this would be a game they don't have to win. If they get a point then I expect Arsenal will go on and win the league.

Heh, yeah, I knew it was at City. Just mixing up my Middle East based airline stadium sponsors.

2 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Not been there for ten years, but Old Trafford is reportedly a bit of a shithole these days. 

Yeah, I've no problem with the chosen stadiums. But when you think of football in the UK, Anfield and OT are 2 and 3 for most people.

Would be like going to Italy and it not being at the San Siro. Or Spain and playing at Athletico instead of Real Madrid. 

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

Yeah, I've no problem with the chosen stadiums. But when you think of football in the UK, Anfield and OT are 2 and 3 for most people.

The Anfield omission’s probably because the Everton stadium’s due to be the flash new stadium in the UK at that point and they don’t want two venues in Liverpool. Old Trafford, yeah, it’s probably because it’s a bit shit and there’s no prospect of the Glazers spending any money on it.

Archived