Diablo 4 - Hellish Grind

Relic

@Argonath Diver,

Yeah, the companions don't do much anymore. They went from being nukes to just helping trigger some things. I just need to get the werewolf/bear helm and then I can switch things up. I do fine against most things, but 10 levels higher was just too much. 

I have happily gone back to my eternal grind in my adored D2 mod, PD2. Still want to level at least to midgame with one or two classes before the real D4 starts with a Season 1 (and we gotta assume a big endgame content patch beginning with the known T5 tier).

From the previous thread...

So help me out, because I never understood seasons in D3.  It feels like you just start the game all over again, is that right?  If so, what's the draw if you aren't someone chasing world firsts and such?

21 minutes ago, Rhom said:

So help me out, because I never understood seasons in D3.  It feels like you just start the game all over again, is that right?  If so, what's the draw if you aren't someone chasing world firsts and such?

A lot of people just pick one toon for the season and push as far as they can. I'm assuming as they upgrade the game there will be more and more season specific stuff you can get. 

Edited by Tywin et al.

13 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Most of my fun is had while I find gear and build a character, and that tapers off as you max everything out, so seasons give you a chance to start fresh with everyone in the same boat. It can still be fun even if you're not a try hard.

I quite like to switch classes with the seasons too, to freshen things up even further.

25 minutes ago, Rhom said:

And if they add in the seasonal "flavor" it gives something else to push for or utilize.  It sounded though like the seasonal toons will start everything from 0 - locations, renown, etc all need to be re-grinded?  Re-ground?

32 minutes ago, Greywolf2375 said:

And if they add in the seasonal "flavor" it gives something else to push for or utilize.  It sounded though like the seasonal toons will start everything from 0 - locations, renown, etc all need to be re-grinded?  Re-ground?

I think you start with locations and altars. Everything else is from the start. 

Think that’s about right. I need another 3-4 levels and some paragon points. Might focus on the renown because those 20 pts will make a fairly significant difference. My gear set up at 60 is pretty solid.

3 hours ago, Rhom said:

Each season in D3 had a bunch of cosmetic and helpful things that you could earn - you could get more stash space and some titles as well as cool armor sets. It was also kind of fun in that each season had different changes to things - more treasure goblins or shrines were insane or you could cube anything - and that enabled certain builds that you couldn't do normally. 

Helltides were a rough for a while after I first got into TIV. Don't think it was until I was 68/69 that I started feeling comfortable going o sole mio.

It wasn’t too bad. Some of the events I could clear solo some I couldn’t. Obv if there is help around it’s easy enough. It’s just the hard hitters can definitely chunk me for 70% of my life. Most of the enemies are still pretty weak though. Damage is still definitely good enough and my gear is looking a lot more solid with less wasted stats.

I assume you’re supposed to do the torment version of the dungeons? I went back to nightmare to do one but it felt lame. I’d prefer to stay in torment but that means I guess doing at minimum level 21+ content. What’s the best place to start getting those? Tree of whispers in torment diff?

31 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

Big buffs to Nightmare Dungeons in the patch that just went live. You can now teleport directly to the dungeon entrance, and the XP seems to have been roughly doubled. Levelling from 87 to 100 should be a lot quicker for me now.

can you link the patch notes? (cuz im lazy and have a fever) thank youuu