Football: The summer of selling (out)

polishgenius

2 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Consigliere posted this in the old topic but I figured I'd kick the new topic off with it since the old one will be shut soon

Anyway from Henderson in particular, with his history of vocal advocacy for LGBQT rights, this is disappointing. 

It does seem a bit off until you consider that the Saudis will pay him, what, almost a million bucks a week?  Hard to turn down that sort of cash, particularly if they are indeed offering him a multi-year deal.

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Hard to turn down that sort of cash,

Jordan Henderson earned 7 million pounds last year. In his career to date he'll have earned, what, 30+mil? More? 'Can't turn down that kind of money' is a much more compelling argument when it's not coming on behalf of someone who should already be set for life by any reasonable measure. 

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

This is what courage looks like.

Yeah. I really hope the help he's gotten now can get him into a good place. Even regardless of if he gets back to footballing form, though that would be nice to see. 

So Inter parted with their entire goalkeeping team.

Sommer is rumoredly a strong candidate to join them. There's an agreement with Bayern, that he can leave when Neuer is back (by his own account that is the case) and if a club is more or less reimbursing them for what they paid.

Edited by A Horse Named Stranger

38 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

So Inter parted with their entire goalkeeping team.

Sommer is rumoredly a strong candidate to join them. There's an agreement with Bayern, that he can leave when Neuer is back (by his own account that is the case) and if a club is more or less reimbursing them for what they paid.

I read Neuer won't be able to start their first game in the league, which complicates the deal, Bayern would certainly want to keep Sommer if Neuer is unavailable for a prolonged time.

Liverpool may end up short of MFs again after all. And especially short of continuity and organization.

I don’t begrudge Hendo a huge payday, and I’d prefer that he continue his decline elsewhere, but it feels like Rory McIlroy switching to LIV.

1 hour ago, The Sunland Lord said:

I read Neuer won't be able to start their first game in the league, which complicates the deal, Bayern would certainly want to keep Sommer if Neuer is unavailable for a prolonged time.

For a prolonged time is the key word here. Neuer is still optimistic about being on schedule.

1-2 games should be no problem. Ulreich is not horrible. On top they still haven't found a buyer Nübel. Yes, Bayern have to or want to offload two keepers, who want to be starters (elsewhere) this summer. Stuttgart were looking at him, but they want to build up one of their junior keepers as long term starter, so signing Nübel long term was considered counterproductive towards that goal. One EPL club is rumoredly interested. On top Bayern also still have Schenk, whom they rate highly and are trying to find loan deal for (but none in place right now). So their goalkeeping situation is sorta fun to watch.

Now Juventus on Lukaku as well :lol:

They offer the same as Inter just a better base offer (37m + 3m€ in bonuses, Inter's is 35+5m in bonuses), but Juventus offers him 11m€ net salary, compared to Inter's 7-8m net. They'll sell Vlahovic so he'll certainly start there. 

Chelsea accepted Inter's offer but Lukaku is nowhere to respond to get the deal done.  :lol: