Football: The summer of selling (out)

polishgenius

Women's WC about to start soon. Damn you Aussies and Kiwis for your future time zones. 

Also, Chelsea beat the shit out of Deadpool and Mac's team, so that was nice.

Reports that West Ham have agreed a fee of £14m with City for Carlos Borges.

Amazing how City are able to get such good fees for their academy players. £14m for a player who has not played a single minute at senior level and by all accounts was pretty dreadful at the U19 Euros.

That was fun last night. Trossard in the LCM role was a natural fit and we are a better side with him in it so hope the injury is minor. Timber is a proper player, could see him pushing White for that RB role sooner rather than later. And after all the shit Arsenal and Chelsea fans gave Havertz for not scoring a goal in the cross & volley skills competition, it was incredibly satisfying to see him score a goal in a real match from a cross and volley. I'm glad football is back, I miss it dearly.

Some transfer news:

Newcastle have agreed a fee of £38m with Leicester for Harvey Barnes. They've also agreed a fee of £30m with Al-Ahli for Saint-Maximin.

Aston Villa have agreed a fee of €50m + add-ons with Leverkusen for Moussa Diaby but Al-Nassr have matched that offer which Leverkusen have also accepted so it's now down to the player.

Mane is in talks with Al-Nassr.

12 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Newcastle have agreed a fee of £38m with Leicester for Harvey Barnes. 

Aston Villa have agreed a fee of €50m + add-ons with Leverkusen for Moussa Diaby

I'd rather spend the extra on Diaby, but I'll take either.

I'll be sad to see the back of ASM but he really isn't an Eddie Howe player. 

8 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I'd rather spend the extra on Diaby, but I'll take either.

I'll be sad to see the back of ASM but he really isn't an Eddie Howe player. 

I think Barnes in an upgrade. ASM is very good when he's on it but inconsistency and being made out of glass means those days are few and far between. 

I also wanted Diaby for United last season. Would've been much better off spending around €60m on Diaby who is better than Antony.

Wow, that's a great deal for Villa and for a lower fee than was initially reported. Looks like Monchi is working his magic for Villa.

Also reports that Mane has agreed a deal in principle with Al-Nassr. With him off the books, I expect that Bayern will go all in for Kane.

Edited by Consigliere

The Women's World Cup has begun and co-hosts New Zealand have opened with a win, their first ever win at a WC, upsetting Norway.

The time zone difference makes it impossible for me to follow much of this tournament, but through some fortuitous scheduling the US women's first 2 games will be at reasonable times. It also made not realize how old news my post is. :laugh:

Edited by Corvinus85

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

Know fuck all about french football. Whats Disasi like? I have every confidence in the recruitment so far but a steer would be nice. I hope he is another Botman. 

I think we were in competition with you at some point to sign him, which means he's probably quality.

...right ?