Football: The summer of selling (out)

polishgenius

11 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Diaby to Villa is now official.

I worry we will live to regret that. Villa committing to emery and spending money on top top players is great for the league though, big 8 is better than a big 6. 

A bit of a surprise that no PL clubs in need of a winger went in for him. There were quite a few PL clubs considering him not too long ago but Watford had priced him out of a move. Some other reports saying the fee agreed with Marseille is around €10-12m.

We've made a signing! Or, rather, our third signing!

First one is, of course, Andy Longergan who extended his contract to be our back up goalie.

Second one was higly-rated free agent Ashley Young (104), who had interest from ... dunno, must have been plenty.

Now, we've signed Arnaut Danjuma! 

On loan, but hey, it's the move that counts!

(Briefly considered writing in Dele Alli as our fourth, but given what he's going through, he doesn't deserve a "feels like a new signing"-joke).

We have a new chapter and yet more positive confirmation to the question whether Mesut Özil is a POS or not.

I remember the discussion we had in 2018, boy time flies, about that Photo Op with Özil and Erdogan, and how mormont cautioned against judging Özil too harshly as he might be worried about family member in Turkey. Well, he pretty much settled that debate, when he made Erdogan the best man for his wedding, but anyway...

...Özil's move to right wing douche nozzle has reached a new stage, with him getting a Grey Wolves tattoo. For those who are not familiar with them, the Grey Wolves are essentially are Turkish Neo Nazi organization.

I am not blaming Arsenal for Lehmann (who has always been a jackass) and Özil, but I am starting to see a pattern here. So dear gooners can you try not to turn Mertesacker into an asshole.  I'd like to keep at least a couple of the 2014 World Cup winners, who can put together a coherent train of thoughts in an interview and who are not obnoxious cunts.