Football - Trouncing Matilda's.

BigFatCoward

A month ago perhaps, but with one week left in the window? Surely we won't consider it now without a truly insane offer.

I don't see why Salah would suddenly be unhappy, so that seems like more made up stuff. They'd already made him a massive offer, which was turned down, and his agent's tweets were worded in such a way that it looks like he's not against moving there, but didn't want to do it this season.

“I missed the stupid hair pull at Chelsea versus Tottenham which was pathetic from my point of view,” Dean told Up Front with Simon Jordan.

“It’s one of them where if I had my time again, what would I do? I’d send Anthony [Taylor] to the screen. I think I knew if I did send him to the screen … he’s cautioned both managers, he’s had a hell of a game, it’s been such a tough game end to end.
“I said to Anthony afterwards: ‘I just didn’t want to send you to the screen after what has gone on in the game’. I didn’t want to send him up because he is a mate as well as a referee and I think I didn’t want to send him up because I didn’t want any more grief than he already had.

This must be some sort of performance art

2 hours ago, polishgenius said:

This is fucking infuriating. Not just as a United fan- players all over are dropping like flies with major ligament or muscle injuries when the season's barely out of the gate. They clearly just did not recover properly from last season's fucked-up timetable. 

Yay! And we're going to do it all again in 2030 to 2031!

Edited by Spockydog

17 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Gotta love the reply from Lovren :lol:

15 hours ago, Spockydog said:

FourFourTwo reporting today that he is unhappy and on the brink of moving.

I hope he stays. 

I never understood this "player is unhappy" as if that actually means something. There is a contract and it's binding to both sides. The player can be unhappy all he wants, but there are some obligations he needs to fulfil towards the club. It's as simple as that. Perform badly out of protest? Sure, get on the bench or even out of the squad and play with the reserves, don't get bonuses etc. It's a loss for the club but also for the player. I doubt any player would sabotage his career that way once the transfer window closes.

Honestly, I really wouldn't like losing Salah, especially this late in the transfer window. He's world class, has been world class every season he spent in Liverpool. Losing a player like that would leave a mark on any team in the world. That being said, I do think Liverpool are really stacked up front so his departure could just give room to someone else to step up and reach world class level. Also, if Salah does leave the money from his sale could go a long way in getting other parts of the squad closer to that level. 

2 hours ago, baxus said:

Gotta love the reply from Lovren :lol:

I never understood this "player is unhappy" as if that actually means something. There is a contract and it's binding to both sides. The player can be unhappy all he wants, but there are some obligations he needs to fulfil towards the club. It's as simple as that.

But it's not though, is it? How long have you been following football? There you go.

I'd be very surprised if Liverpool entertain a sale of Salah this late in the window. Maybe they reach an agreement that he can leave next season or something. Saudi Arabia would still be more than happy to take him next year. Salah has 200 goals+assists in 220 PL games - that output will be very difficult to replace regardless. Also, top class left-footed right wingers are exceedingly rare and some managers do like playing with inverted wide forwards.

1 hour ago, ljkeane said:

Luis Rubiales is apparently going rogue in what was supposed to be a press conference announcing his resignation. The Spanish FA is doing a top job capitalising on that Women’s World Cup win.

For more information - He said he has no intention of resigning, that he did nothing wrong, that the kiss was consensual, fake feminism is a scourge etc. and that he intends to take legal action against those conducting a witch hunt.

eta. his rant also got a standing ovation from the assembly.

Edited by Consigliere

48 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

But it's not though, is it? How long have you been following football? There you go.

It's because clubs don't want the hassle. The first big club that takes a stance will open the floodgates. All we need is a precedent.

3 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Also, top class left-footed right wingers are exceedingly rare and some managers do like playing with inverted wide forwards.

I don’t think they have to be overly stuck on trying to replace Salah with an exact like for like player when he does go. When you had Firmino as a false 9 it was obviously pretty useful to have a left footed right winger looking to come in and advantage of that but we could easily play Nunez up front and just have a more traditional right winger now. Especially with Alexander-Arnold playing more centrally.

Ben Doak does look a good prospect in that sense. This season is definitely too soon for him though and next season might be a bit of a push.

Konate injured again. Is the sky blue....? :rolleyes:

Matip vs Newcastle. Fuck! :P

Speaking about the availability of the players at his pre-match press conference on Friday, Klopp said: "Trent yes.

"Thiago from Monday on. Curtis from Monday on. And Ibou is a doubt. Yeah, playing 40 minutes with 10 men didn't help, let me say it like that. But that's the situation. The rest should be available."