Football - Trouncing Matilda's.

BigFatCoward

35 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I'm suspecting we're going to have another bad season. Idk how the club can spend that kind of money and not bring in some real strikers. 

Jackson looks like a decent signing. But, given the money Chelsea have been throwing around, they should have gone for Kolo Muani. He was the best CF option on the market after Kane imo.

So being serious about Chelsea I think the problem is the plan was to play 4-2-3-1 and with Nkunku getting injured they haven’t got a 10. Olise binning them off to sign a new contract with Palace has proper fucked them. At least until they throw £100 million at someone else.

40 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

To be fair like, Jackson looks like a decent striker. Time will tell but he's not been a disaster so far, he's just surrounded by disaster.

26 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Jackson looks like a decent signing. But, given the money Chelsea have been throwing around, they should have gone for Kolo Muani. He was the best CF option on the market after Kane imo.

Decent isn't what you're looking for when you're spending that kind of money overall. The team just feels like an expensive mismatch of talent. The interwebs says Chelsea spent somewhere between the 3rd to 5th most money recently and is spending the 3rd most overall in the PL right now. That's insane for a team that is probably going to have to fight and claw to get into the top 10 in the league this year. I appreciate having new ownership that will go out and get players, but right now it's like watching Michael Jackson shop for art. It's not a sustainable model if it doesn't lead to results on the pitch and Chelsea has been pretty hard to watch since they won the CL which doesn't make a ton of sense. Firing Tuchel was a huge mistake. 

Firing Tuchel is never a mistake.

In terms of transfers, I do agree Chelsea's strategy is a whole mess, I just think David is the least of the problems. Mudryk is dreadful. Disasi looks dreadful. Gusto wasn't intended to be a first-choice starter, sure, but he looked worryingly short of pace today. Enzo looks like a brilliant player, but one who needs very careful structure around him to get the best from him. The best-performing signing of the spree has been Madueke and it doesn't look like there's a route to make him a starter or play to his strengths. It's a whole disaster. 

Idk, Chelsea were not the best team in the PL and certainly not the best in the CL and yet he lead them to a championship. I get why he was fired, (i) new ownership which he was frosty to, (ii) dip in play and (iii) losing at least some of the locker room, but it's all been downhill since he was shitcanned. 

And when it comes to the roster it just looks like a kid building a team on a video game without considering how players fit and what you need to compliment them. They're probably two years away from fixing this mess and by then who knows how much stronger the top tier teams will be. Not looking great in the short term.

I clearly should have picked MC when I was debating which team to support a few years ago, lol. 

5 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

The interwebs says Chelsea spent somewhere between the 3rd to 5th most money recently and is spending the 3rd most overall in the PL right now.

They have spent €996.59m this season and last. More than the second and third in that table combined (Man Utd and Arsenal at €434.98m and €426.84m, respectively).

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/einnahmenausgaben/wettbewerb/GB1/plus/0?ids=a&sa=&saison_id=2022&saison_id_bis=2023&nat=&pos=&altersklasse=&w_s=&leihe=&intern=0

10 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Still is on the market.

PSG have made a first offer (€ 65m) which is below Frankfurt's asking price (€ 100m) and was turned down accordingly. Time for Boehly to enter the race.