Football - Trouncing Matilda's.

BigFatCoward

Feel like there's no patience when united have the ball. Both wingers trying to run down the line or midfielders looking for those early balls. I know counterattacking has suited them well, but still.

Edited by Raja

I think I understand what ETH is trying to achieve with Mount- he's basically there to respond to and interact with Bruno, dropping deep when Bruno goes high and breaking forward when Bruno wants to pass from deeper. It's sound in theory, but at the moment it's leaving Casemiro way too isolated. And Mount doesn't pass well enough to calm things down when needed.

Just now, Consigliere said:

If EtH was looking for someone to partner Casimiro in midfield then Mount was a truly awful signing

I think the problem is he was looking for someone to partner Bruno - all Mount's really doing is moving to respond to him, go where he isn't. Now letting Fernandes off the leash isn't a bad idea in principle but (1) the two are so focused on that interaction that Casemiro is getting no help at all, and (2) Mount simply does not pass or calm the ball well enough to be an effective counterweight to Bruno. 

This game will be interesting as it goes on coz normally City are wearing their opposition out dragging them all over the place when they pass like this but Newcastle are super-disciplined, keeping City in front of them without individual players running about that much at all. They're a really efficient team.