Football - Trouncing Matilda's.

BigFatCoward

They're gonna bring the little cunt back. Then it's going to go all Ched Evans and David Goodwillie, then the club will issue a massive mea culpa and Greenwood will be off to Saudi,with his contract paid up. And he'll take Thomas Partey with him.

Hopefully.

I truly hope this is a desicion that will be reversed very fast. 

I also hope those who made the call here will be kicked out faster than they can say "rapist".

However, it seems that the modern game is evolving away from decency, and rather embrace the money-making aspect. Fans' opinion are now superflous more often than not, since the biggest market is in TV, streaming and sponsorships.

That's what now has made Bryne FK more interesting to me than Everton, where 10-15 years ago I clearly focused more on the latter.

What's really pissed me off is the cowardice to say, 'oh, yeah, we're waiting for the women to return from the WC so we can offer up some scapegoats if we don't let him come back.'

I suspect Ten Hag doesn't give a toss what any of United's female employees think.

Edited by Spockydog

Er, ok. I have absolutely no opinion on him as a player but considering he's 30 it does seem like a very 'the defensive midfielder market is fucking crazy at the moment, let's get through this year and see if Bajcetic is a viable longterm option and potentially save ourselves £100 million' kind of signing.

Good:

latko Andonovski has stepped down as manager of the U.S. women's national team, sources confirmed to ESPN on Wednesday.

An announcement from the U.S. Soccer Federation confirming Andonovski's exit is expected on Thursday.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/38202378/usa-coach-andonovski-steps-womens-world-cup-exit-sources

I tend to think coaches/managers don't matter that much at the highest level of sports, but it sticks out when someone is a dope. This moron was making decisions even a noob like me could see were bad ideas. 

8 hours ago, ljkeane said:

Er, ok. I have absolutely no opinion on him as a player but considering he's 30 it does seem like a very 'the defensive midfielder market is fucking crazy at the moment, let's get through this year and see if Bajcetic is a viable longterm option and potentially save ourselves £100 million' kind of signing.

You lost quite a bit of experience/seniority in the locker room. As a player he is great. Basically all you want from a DM. Wins balls, breaks up plays, good passing range, good in the air as a bonus. Very good/clean medical record. Game load will be higher at Liverpool, that could affect things. If he manages the transition into the EPL you have fixed that hole in DM.

Stuttgart fans are not happy to lose him just days before the new season kicks off (as that increases their relegation odds significantly), but they are happy for him to have the chance to move to a big club (at least that seems to be consensus there).

Definitely a Schmadtke signing. So you can demand his head if it should not work out. And € 18-20m or whatever you paid is really change for you.

The Liverpool fan obssession over Bajcetic is baffling. Is it just that we've spent so long with a crap midfield now that anyone looks good?

He has the odd nice pass in him, yes, but anywhere you find one of his good passes, half a dozen of his dodgy passes are never far behind.

Adding to that he's super spindly like the majority of the 18-19 year olds coming out of our academy always seem to be, so I'd put him at least a couple of years away from potentially even being close to useful for a good club, andd that's if he improves a lot along the way.

He needs a loan in the Championship

Edited by Soylent Brown

The Endo signing seems random af.  Let’s buy a 30 year old player whose game has always depended on his high work rate — that never ends badly.  I hope he does well, I also hope he’s not the only DM we’re targeting.

Bajetic seems like a tidy player but hasn’t looked like a dominant defensive destroyer to shield a high defense and shut down all counter-attacks.

Hall was really good at LB for Chelsea last season. I'm actually surprised they are letting him go. He can also play in midfield which was his primary position in the youth teams. I suppose selling him would help balance their books since his transfer fee can be recorded as pure profit.

2 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

The way the Spanish ladies were cheated at the Euros, they deserve to win the final by an equally questionable referee call in their favour this time.

I'd have Spain as favourites to win the final. They have the better team. Spain also has good depth with talented players coming through. They've been pretty dominant at U19/U20 level for a number of years now.