Football - Never Say Die!

Tywin et al.

I’m not sure I get the point of all this Gravenberch talk. We’ve just signed Mac Allister and Szoboszlai and we’ve got Jones and Elliott as back ups. If his problem at Bayern is playing time I’m not sure it’s a massive improvement at Liverpool. The only way I could see it working is if we plan to convert him to a defensive midfielder (and he’s on board with that) but that’s a bit of a gamble so I’m not sure you’d want to be spending a lot of money.

Yep, I don't fully understand that move either. But he's arguably more likely to beat Jones and Elliott for playing than this overbloated midfield at Bayern. Or Liverpool think with the injury history of Elliott and James, they'd rather have another player. And there'll be quite a few games to rotate him in.

But you were rumored interested in him for quite a bit, so your scouting department must see a way to use him.

Melissa Reddy @MelissaReddy_ · 12m
Few important details:
Ryan Gravenberch is represented by Jose Fortes Rodrigues from Raiola. Rafaela Pimenta no longer with the agency.
LFC made a solid check on him earlier in the summer. Bayern now open to a sale, fee needs to be agreed.
Ajax understood to have 7.5% sell-on.

Shocker! We're behind!

For the first 45 minutes, we have a second game where we could more or less change 9 players to try to make a difference (Onana and Pickford haven't been actively bad). But our pressure is half-hearted, our defense can't pass out (90% of passes go Pickford - Keane - Mykolenko - long under pressure) and as a result our midfield and Chermiti aren't in the game at all.

Not sure how the club's supposed to turn around - rot seems everywhere.

So I’m mildly unconvinced by the potential Gravenberch transfer to Liverpool in that it doesn’t seem to fill an immediate need but I really don’t see the point of the Cole Palmer to Chelsea transfer. From City’s perspective they’ve lost Mahrez and he basically seems like a younger version of Mahrez and Chelsea already have Sterling (who’s been really good so far) and Madueke on the right wing. :dunno:

Meanwhile Bonucci to Union Berlin seems to be happening.

And Nuamah is probably a blueprint for Boehly's future transfers.

UEFA should really step in and slap down Lyon hard for that shenanigans.

Edited by A Horse Named Stranger

27 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Maguire, Phillips and Henderson in the squad and no Sterling. Form and match fitness be fucked. What a clown. 

I'm not a huge fan of him picking Henderson but he did play last season for Liverpool and he's at least playing at the moment (even if it is at whatever level the Saudi league is) and there is a bit of a shortage of midfielders behind Rice for the deeper role. Maguire and Phillips is getting ridiculous though. It's not like it's just that they haven't played this year, they weren't even playing last season.

Saw some footage from the Saudi league. 

JFC, what a shit show. Looks like testimonial football. I give it five years before the penny drops that playing football in 40 degree heat at 10pm, at a very low, non-competitive standard, just ain't worth the Riyals.