Baldur's Gate 3: Quicksave is my favourite spell

Luzifer's right hand

7 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

At least with Gale his voice feels like it should come out of his body. With Karlach it doesn't fit at all.

Her body was fucked up by her experience in hell. But, imo, she has the prettiest face of all the characters, and I absolutely think that voice fits. In fact, after Neil Newbon I consider Samantha Béart to be the 2nd best voice actor of the bunch. (they're all great, just that's my ranking)

7 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

Her body was fucked up by her experience in hell. But, imo, she has the prettiest face of all the characters, and I absolutely think that voice fits. In fact, after Neil Newbon I consider Samantha Béart to be the 2nd best voice actor of the bunch. (they're all great, just that's my ranking)

Her voice should be more affected by the 3000mg of test and tren she is on, she also shouldn’t sound like a 25 year old art student from south london IMO

50 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Her voice should be more affected by the 3000mg of test and tren she is on, she also shouldn’t sound like a 25 year old art student from south london IMO

She's a fucking tiefling devil with a literal engine in her chest. Shockingly she's not going to be human-standard in size and shape. 

How fucking weird to have that as the issue. 

1 hour ago, Kalbear said:

She's a fucking tiefling devil with a literal engine in her chest. Shockingly she's not going to be human-standard in size and shape. 

How fucking weird to have that as the issue. 

Not really. Thats like saying there is nothing weird if Halsin sounded like Lisa Simpson.

42 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Not really. Thats like saying there is nothing weird if Halsin sounded like Lisa Simpson.

That'd be pretty awesome, actually. Does Halsin have a literal infernal device in his chest that has been implanted by arcanomechanical means? If so, I'd totally be fine with him speaking like Lisa Simpson. 

Also, I guess I know enough bodybuilding women to know that they don't all sound like Grenda from Gravity Falls. Or take testosterone to look like Karlach does. I absolutely understand why you, specifically, believe that and I'm sorry that it doesn't work for you for those reasons, but it definitely ain't universal. 

11 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

That'd be pretty awesome, actually. Does Halsin have a literal infernal device in his chest that has been implanted by arcanomechanical means? If so, I'd totally be fine with him speaking like Lisa Simpson. 

To be honest I haven’t finished act 3 so I haven’t gotten to the  bit where it’s revealed literal infernal devices implanted in your chest turn you into a middle class art student from South London. 

I have struggled to get through Act3, something that seems to be a common issue.

Edited by Heartofice

21 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

To be honest I haven’t finished act 3 so I haven’t gotten to the  bit where it’s revealed literal infernal devices implanted in your chest turn you into a middle class art student from South London. 

I'm really sorry to hear that that art student from South London hurt you so much. 

After watching Crashing she reminds me a lot of Phoebe Waller Bridge. 

Finally started my game.  I really hate the Playstation controllers.  I wish I got this on a PC.

Is there anyway to kill the big guy on the first ship?  I like his flaming sword, but he has too many HPs for me to get him down.

16 minutes ago, grozeng said:

Finally started my game.  I really hate the Playstation controllers.  I wish I got this on a PC.

Is there anyway to kill the big guy on the first ship?  I like his flaming sword, but he has too many HPs for me to get him down.

Yes, there is. He will basically only target the mind flayer, so if you focus on keeping that mind flayer alive with buffs and heals and attack him - especially if you have anything that can knock him prone like Tasha's laughter - you can get him down before you effectively run out of time. The Everburn blade is great.

You can also use command to make him drop the weapon but he has a really high saving throw so it doesn't tend to succeed all that often. 

2 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Yes, there is. He will basically only target the mind flayer, so if you focus on keeping that mind flayer alive with buffs and heals and attack him - especially if you have anything that can knock him prone like Tasha's laughter - you can get him down before you effectively run out of time. The Everburn blade is great.

You can also use command to make him drop the weapon but he has a really high saving throw so it doesn't tend to succeed all that often. 

I have Lazeal, Shadowheart and a Vengeance Paladin, so don't think I have command.  But I will try again to see if I can get it.  So I will just rush him while he is fighting the mind flayer.

1 minute ago, grozeng said:

I have Lazeal, Shadowheart and a Vengeance Paladin, so don't think I have command.  But I will try again to see if I can get it.  So I will just rush him while he is fighting the mind flayer.

Yeah, you may not and that's fine. With that group you should be able to use Shadowheart to buff/heal the flayer while Lae'zel and you beat the hell out of him. I'd also recommend positioning Shadowheart towards the console so that when you kill him you can haul ass and click the button, because as soon as you kill the devil the mind flayer goes to you. 

All you need to do is kill him and loot him; even if any of your party is downed they'll be fine in the next part.

50 minutes ago, grozeng said:

You have command, it's a level 1 spell for Shadowheart.  Go into your spellbook and replace one of your current spells with command and you're all set. 

I used the Everburn blade for the entire first act, maybe longer.  Definitely worth the effort. 

1 hour ago, Whiskeyjack said:

You have command, it's a level 1 spell for Shadowheart.  Go into your spellbook and replace one of your current spells with command and you're all set. 

I used the Everburn blade for the entire first act, maybe longer.  Definitely worth the effort. 

So basically you are saying keep reloading until Command works :)

18 minutes ago, grozeng said:

So basically you are saying keep reloading until Command works :)

Yeah, you can savescum it. :) But it's probably not that necessary honestly. I just beat them to death. 

2 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Yeah, you can savescum it. :) But it's probably not that necessary honestly. I just beat them to death. 

My Paladin kept missing when I tried attacking him and Lazeal was doing 9-10 points of damage, so it would take 10+ turns to kill him.