Football: Sieg oder Spielabbruch!

A Horse Named Stranger

Haaland with his obligatory goals.

In other news. Albania  beating the Czechs 3-0 feels just wrong. They are even sitting safely on top of their group with the Czechs and Poles fighting over 2nd. Is this generation of Albanian players good or Poland and Czech Republic just not getting their acts together?

On 10/9/2023 at 3:04 AM, Mexal said:

The lack of consistency is sometimes galling. No idea how Jones got a red for his tackle last week but Kovacic, who flies in with studs up and takes out Odegaard, gets a yellow.

Both were clear reds IMO. 

42 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Southgate really is tone deaf. 'I don't know why Henderson got got boo's' maybe because he is a hypocrite

On that note, it was kinda amusing that on the English team you had Jordan Henderson, and on the Australian team you had Jackson Irvine as captains. The contrast in that sense was really something.

4 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Southgate really is tone deaf. 'I don't know why Henderson got boo's' maybe because he is a hypocrite and keeps getting picked despite playing at the equivalent of my high school football team level? 

I was just about to post that. The booing 'defies logic' apparently. Does it, Gareth? Really?

Yeah, Ratcliffe is a better option than Qatar, no doubt.

Also seeing reports claiming that Ratcliffe's proposal includes taking control of football operations in addition to having clauses attached that would allow him to eventually complete a full takeover which is why he's prepared to pay a premium (reportedly £1.35 billion) for a 25% stake.

On 10/12/2023 at 10:23 PM, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Haaland with his obligatory goals.

In other news. Albania  beating the Czechs 3-0 feels just wrong. They are even sitting safely on top of their group with the Czechs and Poles fighting over 2nd. Is this generation of Albanian players good or Poland and Czech Republic just not getting their acts together?

Whenever I saw Poland play these past few years, they always played bad. My guess is that simply results caught up with performances.

4 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

outside of Haaland and Odegaard, the Norway squad is pretty average

Østigård does well for Napoli, Ryerson for Dortmund, Ajer for Brentford, Berge for Burnley, Aursnes for Benfica, Bobb for Man City, Sørloth in La Liga... Not superstars, but they hold their own. Just can't get things to gel, it seems.

I'd be shocked if Nusa stays at Brugge for long, too. Really exciting player.