NFL 2023: No Swifties Allowed

Mr. Chatywin et al.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Regular season: 2787 vs 2782.

Including playoffs: 2906 vs 2859.

Jimmy could scoot. 

Yep, Bo only played part time for a few seasons.  IMO he would have been the second coming of Jim Brown (but faster) had he been football only. Of course, it's football where he got hurt so maybe he should have been baseball only.

42 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Yep, Bo only played part time for a few seasons.  IMO he would have been the second coming of Jim Brown (but faster) had he been football only. Of course, it's football where he got hurt so maybe he should have been baseball only.

Who knows. Bo will be one of the hardest athletes to explain to kids in the future. 

2 hours ago, dbunting said:

Just show them the pic of Bo in his pads with his bat over his shoulders. Don't say a word.

That's a classic.

Also loved the banner/poster that my friend had on his wall where he starts in the baseball stance, swings the bat, and then transitions into running a football.

Take a look at Clevelands Defensive stats, number 1 for passing yds defense and top 4 in stuffing the run, number 1 in defending overall yds by a healthy margin.

If guys stay healthy they may be a tough playoff matchup playing just a tad off peoples radar, the type of team that stealthily creeps along and smacks you in your chin guard when your off not prepared.

No coasting advised when they are on the calendar.

Edited by DireWolfSpirit

1 hour ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Take a look at Clevelands Defensive stats, number 1 for passing yds defense and top 4 in stuffing the run, number 1 in defending overall yds by a healthy margin.

If guys stay healthy they may be a tough playoff matchup playing just a tad off peoples radar, the type of team that stealthily creeps along and smacks you in your chin guard when your off not prepared.

No coasting advised when they are on the calendar.

They host San Fran this week.  We shall see what they are then.

On 10/6/2023 at 5:09 PM, Tywin et al. said:

Yeah it only impacts your game checks as far as I know. Problem is players don't tend to read the fine print and deals can be structured in a way sometimes that makes that the bulk of their salary. 

There's really only one qualified person to comment on the subject here though, so with that, I cast summon @Whiskeyjack.

We do take taxes into account when possible.  Its definitely a factor to consider in free agency, as a part of evaluating the actual value of the offers being made.

Also, you can make the argument that signing bonuses are earned at the moment of signing and should be taxed accordingly, based on where you live (and where you are actually signing the document) rather than where you will be playing, so that can be a factor in where you may want to establish residency and how you want to structure a contract.

On 10/10/2023 at 2:19 PM, Rhom said:

They host San Fran this week.  We shall see what they are then.

I hope i get a chance to see that matchup. No-one has been even remotely close to slowing SF yet. Cleveland with those D numbers probably has as good a chance as anyone.

I dont think itll be the blowout the talking heads (who only analyze one side of the ball) expect.

Good game to bet on the under?

5 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

I hope i get a chance to see that matchup. No-one has been even remotely close to slowing SF yet. Cleveland with those D numbers probably has as good a chance as anyone.

I dont think itll be the blowout the talking heads (who only analyze one side of the ball) expect.

Good game to bet on the under?

Deshawn is out for Sunday due to shoulder injury.

Insert joke about being able to recover faster if he was still allowed to see a massage therapist.

But in all seriousness, that just means this game won’t be a good measuring stick for the Browns at all.

6 minutes ago, Rhom said:

60 yard field goals will never not be incredible.

I'm curious if anyone here has even made an extra point. Senior year everyone on the team was forced to take a few kicks. I sucked ass, just like everyone else. Only our center could make them, but he couldn't hit short FGs consistently.

Coach had to beg a back up on the soccer team to do it. He was actually pretty solid, and none of us could be mad at him when he missed.