Football: Guirassy-ing to victory

polishgenius

4 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

Spurs have started well but I’ve generally been assuming we’re probably going to finish above them based on just having the better squad. A five point gap is starting to become a bit of a problem though.

I've been assuming we are going to finish behind City, Arsenal and Liverpool and we were fighting for 4th/5th CL spot with Spurs, Utd (if they sort their shit out) and Villa. If spurs keep it up, it's a bit congested below the top 4. 

That’s a horrendous challenge from Udogie. He doesn’t really make much contact but that’s bad enough that I’d be ok with him getting a red card anyway.

Equaliser for Chelsea completely against the run of play.

ETA: Wait no, probably ruled out for handball (unluckily) but it looks like a red for Romero though.

ETA2: How’s that not a red? I think the goal against Arsenal not being ruled out was the right decision but there’s been some bizarre decisions not to give reds this weekend.

Edited by ljkeane

Udogie was fortunate to get away with just a yellow. He went in two-footed and studs up. The action and not just the outcome should be judged and he pretty clearly endangered his opponent there. Romero should be off too. Spurs have certainly gotten the rub of the green with the decisions so far.

This is entertaining. The wheels seem to be coming off for Spurs after such a good start.

This is probably the first time it’s really gone wrong for Postecoglu, it’ll be interesting to see whether he can sort things out.

ETA: We might have jinxed Spurs by talking about how well it’s been going for them.

Edited by ljkeane