Football: Guirassy-ing to victory

polishgenius

This is the full quote/statement. Come on, tell me this isn't a whining rambling bitch. He's always been like this with his histrionics, but this takes the cake. 

‐--------

"I have to be here now to say it is not acceptable," Arteta told Sky Sports.

"We didn't deserve to lose the match. We lose the match because of the clear and obvious decisions. It's embarrassing. A disgrace. That's what it is - a disgrace.

"You cannot imagine the amount of messages I got saying this cannot continue. I am wasting my time. We are wasting our time. I don't want to be in the hands of people."

The Spaniard continued to BBC Sport: "It's embarrassing what happened - how this goal stands, in the Premier League - this league we say is the best in the world. I've been 20 years in this country and now I feel ashamed. It's a disgrace and there's too much at stake here. We are trying to do incredible things and be at the highest level each week.

"The outcome is nowhere near the level this league needs to have. It's not good enough. I feel embarrassed to be part of this."

--------

You fucking should be embarassed you plum. 

I'm guessing the answer to 'how many messages' he gets is actually zero. Twat  

Edited by BigFatCoward

6 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

This is the full quote/statement. Come on, tell me this isn't a whining rambling bitch. He's always been like this with his histrionics, but this takes the cake.

Everything he said was right.

Kind of funny that you're so worked up about it.

Just now, Whiskeyjack said:

Everything he said was right.

Kind of funny that you're so worked up about it.

I'm not worked up. I'm finding the whole thing a hoot. 

But none of what he said was right. It was typical Arteta, acts like a twat on the sidelines (and I don't think that could be disputed) and is a moany bitch in interviews, great coach but zero class or dignity. 

There was no conclusive angle of the ball being out, and it definitely wasn't offside. Whether it was a foul is subjective. 

6 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

There was no conclusive angle of the ball being out. 

Isn't the problem though that they lacked the proper camera angle to tell? If so that's something that should be easily corrected going forward.

Whether it was a foul is subjective. 

I thought it was. Not egregious, but enough to wave the goal off since it played a direct role in the score.  

6 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Is that true? Thought it was in build up and that was very critical to the goal.

I think the initial law change was a bit vague as what was the immediate build up to a goal so they did rule out goals for accidental handballs by players other than the goalscorer but there was a clarification a couple of years ago that it only applied to the goalscorer.

5 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

In other events from yesterday, Maupay scored for Brentford.

This has to be fake news.

Also, replays at the break suggest Gravenbech handled when he deflected a free kick in the area. Personal opinion is that those accidents aren't handball, but by the letter of the law, I guess it should be? 

Though that would include VAR working. 

Edited by Rorshach
First to include second and third paragraph, then to correct spelling. Third edit TBD