Football: Guirassy-ing to victory

polishgenius

8 minutes ago, Rorshach said:

Well, with Schäer also out, you look a bit decimated.

ETA: He's going for a lengthier absence, smart play.

Yeah. January can't come soon enough. Not that we have much we can spend. 

We could do with getting knocked out of Europe and concentrating on top 4 again.

Has there been any investigation as to why players collapsing on the pitch has been a thing in football over the last few years? I still remember Fabrice Muamba in Tottenham vs Bolton in 2012, and of course Eriksen at Euros, and there's been other incidences. It's not normal.

Well, that particular player had a known heart condition, that was discovered during a medical in 2017 (!), which made a transfer to Brighton fall through.

He had a defilbrilator inserted some time later, which was triggered during a cup game in Austria in late 2020 (or was it 2021?). Anyway, he then decided the prudent thing to do was to remove the defibilator and continue his career without it.

How he was allowed to play professionally with his medical history is a much better question.

I don't think it is abnormal unfortunately. People have heart conditions that are difficult to detect and they're probably more likely to suffer problems doing something strenuous like playing sport. There are thousands of professional footballers these days, it's probably not surprising some of them are affected.

Although in this case you do have to question whether he should have still being playing football considering he'd had a previous incident.

I have failed quite a bit in keeping you up to date on the progress of Bryne FK. I sincerely apologize.

Today, as it happens, was the last game of the season, away to Raufoss, and Bryne produced a fine display away from home, controlling most of the match and winning it through a well-taken header from a free kick. I hear you're clamoring about who scored - it came from our defensive mid, Christian Landu-Landu. Well done him!

Now, that win meant we climbed to sixth in the table, leaving us with a playoff spot. Now, this team is nowhere near Tippeliga standard (that's PL for those who wondered, shame on you for not knowing), but considering we've been fighting relegation the first two seasons we've been at OBOS-liga level, that's quite an achievement. Terrific work from our manager, Kevin Knappen. 

Small ETA: We passed Sogndal this last game. Sogndal have an up-and-coming, though I reckon, completely unknown manager (outside Norway) named Tore André Flo.

Edited by Rorshach

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

How he was allowed to play professionally with his medical history is a much better question.

Probably why he ended up in the Albanian league. That association must have lax rules that allowed him to play. FIFA need to step in to ensure that there are uniform rules worldwide instead of just leaving it up to individual associations to decide.