Football: Guirassy-ing to victory

polishgenius

On 11/25/2023 at 11:47 PM, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Union have rumoredly found a new headcoach. Raul (atm RM Castilla) is supposedly the frontrunner.

New headcoach introduced, it's not Raul, but Nenad Bjelica is taking charge there.

25 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Why are people so disrespectful of Gary Neville as a player. 

Cos he was a bit of a prick as a player, but there is no doubt that he was a far better defender than Trippier. But i'd take Trippier going forward all day long.   

Edited by BigFatCoward

Well fuck. 

Isak showing how not to be a graceless wanker when asked about the decision.  Klopp, Arteta and Pep take note. 

"Unfortunate for us to get a goal against us so late. I think we started defending our goal a bit too early. It's never nice to concede a goal that late.

"My first reaction was it wasn't [a penalty]. It seemed cheap. I haven't seen a replay. Hopefully it was a penalty. We have to trust the referees.

"We are very proud of the team. It's not an easy place to come. They haven't lost for some time here.

"We almost got the win. It is unfortunate. We always want to win, but this point will be important. We have it all to play for."

Edited by BigFatCoward

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

Well fuck. 

Isak showing how not to be a graceless wanker when asked about the decision.  Klopp, Arteta and Pep take note. 

"Unfortunate for us to get a goal against us so late. I think we started defending our goal a bit too early. It's never nice to concede a goal that late.

"My first reaction was it wasn't [a penalty]. It seemed cheap. I haven't seen a replay. Hopefully it was a penalty. We have to trust the referees.

"We are very proud of the team. It's not an easy place to come. They haven't lost for some time here.

"We almost got the win. It is unfortunate. We always want to win, but this point will be important. We have it all to play for."

That's great for him. I'll say it - bullshit call, the powers that be couldn't let PSG flounder in the groups. Who would have though that Newcastle of all teams would have given PSG so much grief.

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Well fuck. 

Isak isn’t a coach. Howe said ref was under extreme pressure and then the commentator interviewing him said “it was a horrible decision, you were robbed, it’s a disgrace, etc” and Howe went “I can’t say all of that because I’ll get in trouble but I agree with every word and you’re saying my inner feelings.

This, a week after praising the refs. So yea, it suck’s for everyone when shit happens. They all feel it. Gary O’Neill went off on state of reffing and how it’s costing his team, Dr Zerbi said he hates 80% of the English refs because they aren’t good at their jobs. This shit needs to be raised, the state of reffing and VAR is massively impacting games when it was supposed to improve it and it’s up to the managers to start speaking up and put pressure on PGMOL and UEFA to sort their shit out. I get Arteta is a wanker for defending his team but he ain’t wrong about the state of officiating and that it needs to be sorted out. Won’t happen if everyone buries their head in the sand and praises them or ignores their heavy impact on the game with such thin margins.

Wolves have essentially dropped 6 pts from really really dodgy decisions. Last season, Arsenal lost the league title by 5 pts and they had 6 pts worth of apologies from the PGMOL for blatantly wrong decisions. This shit ain’t fun mate.

Edited by Mexal

Well, Dortmund despite not firing on all cylinders thus far this season managed to qualify for the k.o. stage (so could theoretically Milan, but for them it's a very long shot). They just need Dortmund to get a result against PSG. That would allow Dortmund to finish first and open the door for whoever wins in the Newcastle - Milan game.

Ofc Dortmund will duely lose.

55 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

If that was the reason people wouldn't rate Gerrard, since he was equally annoying and much worse at his job.

No come on, he was a far better player than Neville, by far. 

And probably more of a dick, but not as annoying, even his own team mate described Neville as a 'busy little cunt'? 

4 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Well, Dortmund despite not firing on all cylinders thus far this season managed to qualify for the k.o. stage (so could theoretically Milan, but for them it's a very long shot). They just need Dortmund to get a result against PSG. That would allow Dortmund to finish first and open the door for whoever wins in the Newcastle - Milan game.

Ofc Dortmund will duely lose.

Dortmund being already qualified, and Milan not being quite out of it, are both annoying as fuck. 

17 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

No come on, he was a far better player than Neville, by far. 

There's one Prem fullback who's definitely better than Neville (Ashley Cole). Of the top of my head there at least seven Prem midfielders definitely better than Gerrard.

You can make good arguments about how Gerrard was a better player because CMs are generally more gifted and important than FBs, but Neville was closer to the top of his field. And I was complaining about a comparison of him to other fullbacks.