NBA the slenderman cometh.

BigFatCoward

25 minutes ago, Arakasi said:

So greens suspension ended up being 12 games plus a couple more as he gets back into game action. Doesn’t honestly feel enough and I expect this isn’t the last of the dumb stuff he does.

I don't gamble, but I'd love to see the odds you can get on him getting suspended again this season. IIRC you could get 500-1 odds Suarez would bite someone and start the zombie apocalypse after his third incident.   

I'm surprised it wasn't longer.  Who is going to bat for green at this point?  Kerr, Curry and the warriors seen tired of him.  The NBA players association?  All his shit has been doing dangerous stuff too other players, be it teammates or opponents.  He should have got another month off.

Putting the number of games suspended aside, what is this complete lack of transparency from the league?

What do they mean by indefinite? Could they not have at least specified a minimum number of games? What are the conditions for reinstatement? On what basis are they determining if it is or isn't sufficient? The only thing we know is he has to undergo counselling. 

The man is the very definition of unrepentant. As many, many others who grew up watching 90s ball have said, where the hell is David Stern. 

Mark my words, Draymond Green is going to lose his temper on court again and make another non-basketball play within a month. I expect some quote from him after a GS win within two weeks that denounces his suspension, and I'll be resolutely shocked if he makes it through this season showing any sort of contrition for his acts and how it affected his team.

13 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

He was such a nice Spartan back when he played for Izzo, no foreshadowing at all that he was going to go on to become the NBA's version of N. Suh.:eek:

He's this generation's Rodman. What he lacks in weird hair color is made up for by having a strangely pink dick. 

Edited by Mr. Chatywin et al.

Got NBA League Pass for my son the other day.

Tonight while watching ATL v Philly; we were subjected to Toto at the halftime show.  That poor band.  I’ve heard better karaoke renditions.

Star players get preferential treatment in all the leagues in all the sports around the world, and NBA is among the worst when it comes to that.

Hadn't Toronto coach made some comments a couple of days ago about Lakers taking 22 free throws more than his team in the last quarter alone?

1 hour ago, baxus said:

Star players get preferential treatment in all the leagues in all the sports around the world, and NBA is among the worst when it comes to that.

Hadn't Toronto coach made some comments a couple of days ago about Lakers taking 22 free throws more than his team in the last quarter alone?

Yeah, he was pretty vocal… he’ll pay a steep fine.

8 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Yeah, he was pretty vocal… he’ll pay a steep fine.

It's the same all over, the moment coach/manager says anything about referees they pay a fine. And refs still get to do their thing as if nothing happened.

It's a hard job but yeah, there are games where it is really glaring.

I think the worst that can happen to them is that they don't get to work the bigger games in the playoffs. But then again, you only have that same pool of referees and Scott Foster is still working games with Chris Paul.

4 hours ago, baxus said:

Can't be the norm anymore when leagues are in bed with gambling now. 

You think the leagues had no connections to gambling before? And even if they had none, they had a clear interest in protecting star players, by calling fouls against them more eagerly than the other way around, among other things.

1 hour ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

Can't be the norm anymore when leagues are in bed with gambling now. 

Why not?  Gamblers adjust to the way the game is actually called, just like they always do.