Trailer Thread

AncalagonTheBlack

12 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Biopics can be good, they can be faithful adaptations of someones life rooted in realism, they can have interesting  spins that get the story out in a new and compelling way...this does not look to be an example of eithe rof those things

Just now, AncalagonTheBlack said:

There's a film I won't be watching with Linda around. Everything was looking pretty interesting, until the giant spider showed up. 

@HexMachina I heard some talk about the Winehouse film being done with close participation from her family, and that some of them are even in the film. So I have a feeling this'll be more hagiographic than anything.

1 hour ago, Ran said:

There's a film I won't be watching with Linda around. Everything was looking pretty interesting, until the giant spider showed up. 

@HexMachina I heard some talk about the Winehouse film being done with close participation from her family, and that some of them are even in the film. So I have a feeling this'll be more hagiographic than anything.

that's good to hear. I wasn't even aware this was in the works so my thoughts were purely based on the trailer -I'd be happy to be proven wrong. I think part of me is still a bit burned by Amy Winehouse stuff because I still remember what I like to refer to as the Channel 5 Exploit-o-mentaries that follow many high profile celeb deaths (often alarming quickly after). I'm sure this won't be in that vein but I guess I've still got lingering doubts

Cast

We did the three-night Director's Extended Edition Lord of the Rings festival at Harkins this last weekend.  I won't need to see any additional close-ups of Frodo in slow motion for a while.

But anyways, it gave me three repeated viewings of the following trailers, on a 135-foot screen with the Dolby Atmos sound system.

Argyle - looks very funny

Kong vs Godzilla - looks deeply stupid

Furiosa - looks far better than the internet trailer, like they have fixed the CGI issues

Heros of the Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes of the Earth - meh, do we need another of these?

Oh, yeah, Dune - this is an impressively boring trailer.  Dull colors, uninteresting through-line, nothing to draw me to watch it.  The font of the title is cool, though.

Edited by Wilbur
Forgot about Dune