NFL 4th Quarter

DireWolfSpirit

21 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Announcer commenting Lamar is 3rd in odds for MVP behind Purdy and Dak.

Call me crazy but I wouldnt take either one of them in trade for Lamar so no, I wouldnt put them ahead on my MVP ballot.

If there was ever a season where a non-QB should get the award, it's this one. 

51 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Or a top defensive player considering this year that side of the ball has been better. 

All the more reason to give it to Tyreek; when defenses are insane having a guy break records while his team scored 70 points is even more impressive. 

And what single defender would you give it to this year anyway? There are a lot of really insane defenses as a whole, but I don't think there's any kind of Reggie Whites out there. What separates Micah Parsons from Nick Bosa from TJ Watt? 

I also think that as long as Tyreek gets healthy enough to break the record it should be a shoe-in because of how obviously Miami dropped in ability when he was gone. He might be the kind of player that they should pull a Steve Smith defense against - box and 1, like Seattle did against Carolina in the playoffs. 

2 hours ago, Kalbear said:

All the more reason to give it to Tyreek; when defenses are insane having a guy break records while his team scored 70 points is even more impressive. 

And what single defender would you give it to this year anyway? There are a lot of really insane defenses as a whole, but I don't think there's any kind of Reggie Whites out there. What separates Micah Parsons from Nick Bosa from TJ Watt? 

I also think that as long as Tyreek gets healthy enough to break the record it should be a shoe-in because of how obviously Miami dropped in ability when he was gone. He might be the kind of player that they should pull a Steve Smith defense against - box and 1, like Seattle did against Carolina in the playoffs. 

If Hill wins I won't complain, and you're right there's no clear defensive player either, I just think it would be fun given it hasn't happened in ages.

Hurts probably would have won it if it were a few weeks ago, but he's clearly not 100%. He looked so slow tonight. Can't believe Seattle pulled that off at the end. 

19 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Yep. I’d like to see Tyreek or CMC win it. 

Wouldn't argue against either of them at this point. I could however argue against every QB.

18 hours ago, Kalbear said:

What separates Micah Parsons from Nick Bosa from TJ Watt? 

The hype machine that backs/props up Dallas. Personally I hate it. It was Micah over the first 8 games, all I heard every broadcast was DPOY and Micah. Then it was Bland when he had his hot streak of pick sixes, that hype train was put to a halt by DK Metcalf. Then it was Dak, led league in TDs, top 4 in pass yards, low turn over rate...  Then the team lays an egg against Buffalo.. and we are back to Hill and CMC where it really belongs, as of now.

Parsons, Bland and Dak have all produced at all Pro levels this year but IMO none have produced at MVP or even Def MVP level.

Just saw a crazy stat.  

Easton Stick was just the 4th player to start at QB for the Chargers since Drew Brees left after the 2005 season.

That span covers 18 years and exactly 300 games.

The Browns had four players start at QB in October.

Philpe Rios was an iron horse!!!!

8 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Rams trending up-

Stafford must be fully healthy, he was zipping crisp passes on outs and downfield and lofting some perfect touch passes in the flats, very strong looking play Thurs night.

As a Niners fan, the Rams are the one NFC team I don’t want to see in the playoffs.

A division rival that can be as good as anyone in the league on offense for a single game?  No thanks.

13 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Yep Rudolph not too shabby out there........and he just perfectly hits a streaking Pickens......again!!!!

Its amazing that in 17 yrs Tomlin is yet to have a losing season. Thats some sneaky consistent right there.

I hate that stat. Everyone talks about it all the time. Cool for a bit but that's all he's been for many years now. A guy that is a little better than average, or has a disappointing playoff exit. No playoff wins in going on 7 years and 3 in 13 years. Also horrible at managing players. There's a blowup and off field distraction every year. 

25 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

I hate that stat. Everyone talks about it all the time. Cool for a bit but that's all he's been for many years now. A guy that is a little better than average, or has a disappointing playoff exit. No playoff wins in going on 7 years and 3 in 13 years. Also horrible at managing players. There's a blowup and off field distraction every year. 

Idk about that. The NFL is so random. Having that kind of consistency is pretty impressive, especially when the team hasn't had very good QB play over the last several years. Under MT they've done a good job at developing players all across the board. It's just that they couldn't do much with the corpse of Rapeburger and the QBs they've brought in since have not been good. We know Mitch sucked in Chicago, no one thinks much of Rudolph and Pickett is clearly just a good back up taken way too high. If you just put Cousins or Carr on this team they would be contenders. 

Side note, how the fuck did the Vikes give up three fourth quarter TDs to this shit offense after not giving up one for two and a half games? Insanity. 

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Idk about that. The NFL is so random. Having that kind of consistency is pretty impressive, especially when the team hasn't had very good QB play over the last several years. Under MT they've done a good job at developing players all across the board. It's just that they couldn't do much with the corpse of Rapeburger and the QBs they've brought in since have not been good. We know Mitch sucked in Chicago, no one thinks much of Rudolph and Pickett is clearly just a good back up taken way too high. If you just put Cousins or Carr on this team they would be contenders.  

Impressive, sure, but he gets stroked with that stat like 100 times a season. He has a lot of stupid moments, fails to bring in good coordinators, loses against teams he has no business losing to, etc. If this was the Browns or Bengals, sure, hang the banner. The Steelers have set a higher bar than that historically and it's annoying for fans of the team to constantly see the back patting from national media and neutral watchers cause they only chime in when they want to advance this point. They don't see the dumb shit he does week in week out. 

Here comes the vanguard

1 hour ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Impressive, sure, but he gets stroked with that stat like 100 times a season. He has a lot of stupid moments, fails to bring in good coordinators, loses against teams he has no business losing to, etc. If this was the Browns or Bengals, sure, hang the banner. The Steelers have set a higher bar than that historically and it's annoying for fans of the team to constantly see the back patting from national media and neutral watchers cause they only chime in when they want to advance this point. They don't see the dumb shit he does week in week out. 

Here comes the vanguard

All the same, what teams wouldn't fire their coach to hire him? I can only think of a few not including a few of the young promising coaches that got hired in the last two years or someone like Payton who the team owes too much money to.