Football: The long goodbye. tic-toc goes the Klopp.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

I cannot tell whether I like or hate Arsenal's kit today.

Also, why wasn't that a red card on the keeper?  

Considered a double punishment given the penalty. Had it been outside the 16-yard box, it would have been.

5 minutes ago, Rorshach said:

Considered a double punishment given the penalty. Had it been outside the 16-yard box, it would have been.

I thought something that intentional in a scoring position was automatic. 

Also, it's funny the feed I'm getting showing West Ham fans just walking away outside the stadium. 

I'm just curious how much Arsenal can run this score up.

Arsenal further showing their immorality with this bullying. Touchline ban for Arteta pls. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

I thought something that intentional in a scoring position was automatic. 

He's got a bit lucky, but I think the ref and VAR figured you can make case he came out for the ball and was trying to reach back as Saka knocked it past him. So they gave him the benefit of the doubt.

That win came in large part because ETH can, and is, finally treat McTominay as what he is- a forward. Normally he'd have brought him on for a midfielder and surrendered even more control but bringing him on for Rashford gave us his presence in the box while also allowing the midfield to scramble together some space while he chased Villa around.

With all the deserved Bayern gloating aside. This Leverkusen team is very cleverly built. Big shout out to Steidten, Rolfes and Alonso who put this team together. The injured Boniface (I have mentioned him before) was super impressive on CF. Grimaldo is hands down the best fullback (if not player) in the league, and with Xhaka they've added the footballing brain into midfield.

That's really a team put together by people who knew what they wanted, and what they were doing.

Ivory Coast winning the AFCON caps off a pretty great tournament. Their road to winning the tournament was chaotic:

- lost to Nigeria in the groups.

- got demolished 4-0 by Equatorial Guinea.

- sacked their manager.

- were on the verge of elimination until Ghana bottled a 2-0 lead against Mozambique in added time which meant Ivory Coast qualified as one of the four best third placed teams.

- came from behind to beat Senegal on penalties in the round of 16.

- came from behind to beat Mali in the QF's playing with 10 men since the 43rd minute - scored the equaliser in the 92nd minute and winning goal in the 122nd minute.

- beat the DRC in a hard fought game in the semifinal

- came from behind to beat Nigeria in the final.

- Haller coming up trumps when he was needed most scoring the winning goals in both the semis and the final.

Edited by Consigliere