Rings of Power 5: I Will Take the Thread to Reddit

HexMachina

31 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

And you know she was wise and foresighted in the first and second ages… based on… what?

Yeah. Leaving paradise to spend years crossing an arctic wasteland in order to fight a bitter fruitless war against a god is not what I’d call wise. Wise would have been calling it a day after the slaughter of the Teleri and theft of the ships, returning home to paradise.

32 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Yeah. Leaving paradise to spend years crossing an arctic wasteland in order to fight a bitter fruitless war against a god is not what I’d call wise. Wise would have been calling it a day after the slaughter of the Teleri and theft of the ships, returning home to paradise.

That's what Finarfin did, instead Galadriel chose to help her people, the decision to leave paradise was Feanor decision, his siblings obeyed because he was the king

41 minutes ago, KingAerys_II said:

That's what Finarfin did, instead Galadriel chose to help her people, the decision to leave paradise was Feanor decision, his siblings obeyed because he was the king

I know, having read the books ( and unlike you, can keep the characters straight). My point is, its not a wise choice.

Chapter : Of the coming of the elves and the captivity of Melkor.

"Next came the Noldor, a name of wisdom,the people of Finwe"

Chapter : Of Eldamar and the princes of the Eldalie

"Feanor was the mightiest in skill of word and of hand, more learned than his brothers;his spirit burned as a flame.
Fingolfin was the strongest, the most steadfast and the most valiant.
Finarfin was the fairest and the most wise of heart."

40 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Where was Finarfin during the 1st Age?  And he is called wise.  Where is Galadriel during the 1st Age?

Finarfin chilling: Hey! How was middle-earth?

Random elf leaving Halls of Mandos: Fucking sucked. Spent centuries in a dungeon being tortured.

Finarfin: Sucks to be you. Wasn’t all fun and games here; almost ran of of wine for a minute! Where’s Galadriel?

Random elf: In Middle-Earth, her daughter having been tortured into madness and is back here now from the trauma, and she’ll never see her granddaughter again.

Finarfin: Cool, cool

You haven't read the book, because you should know that elves lived in Middle Earth long before the flight of the Noldor .

Morgoth tortured some Avari to create the Orcs, the Avari are dark elves , they never saw the Light of the Trees.

Dark elves are weaker than the Noldor, however the elves of the Doriath were as strong as the Noldor thanks to Melian, Luthien mother

1 hour ago, KingAerys_II said:

You haven't read the book, because you should know that elves lived in Middle Earth long before the flight of the Noldor .

You missed the obvious snark that was obvious. 

Edited by IlyaP

35 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

You missed the obvious snark that was obvious. 

"For Feanor was made the mightiest in all of body parts and mind, in valour, in endurance, in beauty, in understanding , in skill, in strenght and in subtlety alike , of all Children of Iluvatar, and a bright flame was in him."

Spirit of Fire Supremacy !

Feanor is completely fine, the Valar freed Melkor, that returned back tto Valinor with Ungoliant to destroy the Trees, then Melkor stole the gems, in the end the Valar restored the light of the Trees by using Feanor gems.

I just enjoy reading the book without moral judgement, it's fantasy book

15 minutes ago, KingAerys_II said:

Feanor is completely fine, the Valar freed Melkor, that returned back tto Valinor with Ungoliant to destroy the Trees, then Melkor stole the gems, in the end the Valar restored the light of the Trees by using Feanor gems.

Like Wikipedia entry talk do you why.

1 hour ago, KingAerys_II said:

And that justified Fëanor and sons murdering people who had nothing to do with the theft?  That justified Fëanor abandoning the larger part of the Noldor in a fit of pique?  

Fëanor, as described by the Professor,  was an absolute turd.