NBA - squeaky bum time

BigFatCoward

Are they? I don’t think they are that much better than previous years. East is definitely weaker as well. I mean it all comes down to the same thing that the Celtics deal with. Can they establish a half court offence? It’s what they’ve failed at every time lately in the post season when push comes to shove.

27 minutes ago, DMC said:

Sure.  But the path to the finals looks especially easy this year as long as they stay healthy.  Plus, ya know, these Celtics are a distinctly different team.

Agreed. I'm not saying its likely, just that it wouldn't surprise me. Tatum and Brown are the two major culprits. Horford is a part of it as well. 

_

Anyway, playoffs are set. Hope players nursing injuries get healthy and the Bucks (Beverly) lose.

Think the best chance of an upset would be the Nuggets v Lakers? The Nuggets swept them last season, but it was close and the bench is a concern. Jackson is a downgrade on Brown, and while Watson has filled in well for Green, his lack of experience might make him a vulnerability. LeBron played Braun out of the rotation last season, scoring at will and getting fouls almost every possession. He might do it again. Nuggets should still win, but I feel like it's more because Davis cannot be counted on every game.

15 minutes ago, Arakasi said:

Are they?

Porzingis gives them something they’ve never had.  And Holiday is better than Smart.  They’re less deep of course, but again, as long as they stay healthy that ultimately won’t matter.  Their point differential rather conclusively demonstrates they’re better than previous years.

Really, other than Boston, I wouldn’t be shocked at any upset in terms of seeding.  Would I pick any right now?  I guess Mavs over Clippers, but that’s pretty weak.

5 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Surprised Embiid came back. Thought he was definitely done for at least this game.

Idk why they're playing him. Yes the East is weak, but he's so fragile. I would have shut him down for the season. It's hard to see the Sixers make a serious run. Embiid getting injured in a serious way seems more likely than them even making the Finals. 

Brunson has been historically (for him) inefficient and we're up 2-0? We'll take it. Josh Hart is quickly becoming one of my fav all time Knicks. 

Lakers got nothing from their bench. Such a shame. Gabe Vincent's play proves that Spo is the best coach in the league. Dude is worse than a 0, -6 today. 

4 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

For someone with such a 'its just a game' vibe, Jokic lost his shit. 

How could you not with those crazy older brothers?

Last night was bonkers. Was on the phone with the GF planning our trip when the Knicks looked dead. Walked away to grab a few things to ask her what she wanted me to bring and nearly spit my beer when I saw the result after it happened. Then again we called late when the Lakers seemed to have it and then they fucking blew it too. Catching the highlights from both games was insane.