Who’s 1st Chapter are you looking forward to most?

23 hours ago, Aebram said:

Reading this thread has made me realize how many of the major characters were left in cliffhanger, life-or-death situations at the end of Dance, or in the Winds preview chapters.

That's why I'm going to go with Sansa. Of course, I'm excited about all the cliffhangers but we sort of "know" where those stories lines could or should be going. I really don't know what Martin has in store for Sansa. Even reading her preview chapter, I'm still not sure what's going to happen to her next.

Bran. I want the resolution, or continuation, to Jojen paste. I remember first reading Bran's last chapter in Dance without knowing it was his last chapter and thinking yeah he's eaten Jojen, and the implications of that coming out are crazy and interesting and I can't wait to get to his next chapter. A decade later and still waiting, excitedly.

Edited by chrisdaw

50 minutes ago, chrisdaw said:

Bran. I want the resolution, or continuation, to Jojen paste. I remember first reading Bran's last chapter in Dance without knowing it was his last chapter and thinking yeah he's eaten Jojen, and the implications of that coming out are crazy and interesting and I can't wait to get to his next chapter. A decade later and still waiting, excitedly.

Oh god a decade already

On 4/6/2024 at 12:48 PM, Son of Man said:

I want to know how Dany and Drogon will deal with the khalasar.  I look forward to her chapters.  George won't start with his big guns Tyrion, Jon, and Dany.  He wants to save the suspense.  We won't get back to the Dothraki Sea until after we go through a few points of view with lower ranking characters.  The prologue and then followed by a point of view chapter which is going to be somebody like Sansa, Arya, or Sam.  Get some fillers (appetizers to some fans) in before the main entree.  Play the bench before the Starters in this game. 

I don't know. I feel like one of the opening chapters has to be a Tyrion POV; the Battle of Meereen is upon us and it HAS to happen early on in the book

On 4/7/2024 at 8:34 PM, Aebram said:

Reading this thread has made me realize how many of the major characters were left in cliffhanger, life-or-death situations at the end of Dance, or in the Winds preview chapters.

• John Snow: stabbed
  • Daenerys: confronting a Dothraki horde
  • Theon: a prisoner, possibly about to be executed
  • Tyrion and Jorah: in the middle of a war
  • Brienne and Jaime: tangled up with Lady Stoneheart
  • Aeron: chained to the prow of a warship
  • Ser Barristan (perhaps not a "major" character, but I like the guy): about to go into battle
  • Victarion: ditto

Did I forget anyone?

Cersei and the King's Landing cast. Not life-or-death but it's a major gamechanger

2 minutes ago, BlackLightning said:

I don't know. I feel like one of the opening chapters has to be a Tyrion POV; the Battle of Meereen is upon us and it HAS to happen early on in the book

Could be Victarion. An explosive exit. Or a beginning... depending what happens with that horn.

1. Jaime/Brienne (whichever is first, although I think Jaime is more likely) would be the main one as I'd really like to find out what is happening with Lady Stoneheart. 

2. Arya - I really liked the Arya/Mercy sample chapter so will be looking forward to reading that one in the full book as well. It will be interesting to see if there are any major edits/rewrites to the sample chapter.

Might be obvious since Arya is my favorite character but her first chapter (after the Mercy preview) should be pretty interesting as well. She just did her 2nd unsanctioned kill in Braavos. On her first one the FM blinded her and now it should be obvious she will never become the "noone" they´d like her to be. Trouble brewing...

A Dance With Dragons left us on a cliffhanger with Daenerys and the Dothraki.  I want to begin at the same moment.  George Martin promised to bring back the Dothraki in a big way.  I will hold him to that promise.  I look forward to Dany's first chapter the most.  Mostly because I like Drogon, I like Drogon. and I'm interested in the Dothraki.

Archmaster Marwyn.

He only appears on the page in one chapter (Feast 45), but he made one heck of a first impression. And during rereads, I noticed that he's mentioned three times by other characters who knew him or had read one of his books. All that makes me think that the George has something special planned for him.

He probably knows more about the Higher Mysteries than anyone else in Westeros*; and he's a man of action, as well as a man of knowledge. Another reader (sorry, I don't recall who) pointed out some evidence that he may turn out to be a villain, not a hero. My gut still tells me that Marwyn is a Good Guy; but either way, I can't wait to find out what he does next.

* except maybe Bloodraven.

Edited by Aebram