Call Out To The Fallout (Amazon Prime show)

5 hours ago, Ran said:

Another one I think I can ask openly: are the Brotherhood of Steel people supposed to be extremely tolerant of pain through training, drugs, genetic manipulation, or what? Both Maximus and *other character* take significant injuries and either barely react or fail to crumple into screaming agony as would happen with most normal people. Or maybe this is a game nod, and the way characters can take massive wounds and then recover with barely a squeak?

I'm not squeamish yet that foot injury had me wincing and half ass looking away lol

---

I'm almost done. Never played the games so it's all new to me, but I've been enjoying it. My favorite laugh out loud part was probably Maximus...

Spoiler

getting several tastes of that Vault life: 'What is... a hot shower?'

It's a solid, irreverent show though agree some of the gore was definitely a bit much...

Spoiler

The video of the woman giving water birth in the lab to a bunch of mutations that immediately set to eating her, whew man. Had to take a minute after that one.

Would love to see more of Lucy and Coop on the road. 

Edited by JGP

Last episode, great so far. 

But, game people:

It's been bugging me since Coop's flashback in E07, is Moldaver also from the games...

Spoiler

And if so how's she survived the 200ish years? Cryo as well with a note to decant when X happens, or...

Edited by JGP

5 hours ago, Kalbear said:

So far basically none of the characters are from the games.

Not quite correct.

Spoiler

Robert House from New Vegas appears at the roundtable in the final episode. I believe he is the only 100% character from the games to appear in the TV show.

Several of the other people at the table do appear in the games in the forms of log entries on terminal; the REPCONN representative I think has multiple log entries in the REPCONN facility in New Vegas.

The activities of the main characters from both Fallout and Fallout 2 are alluded to in the histories given for Shady Sands. 

Moldaver isn't from the games, she's a new character.

Edited by Werthead

14 hours ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

I rewatched episode 1 with my wife and then we watched episode 2 today. 

Episode 2 is much better. More genuine laughs for me, though "that didn't work" in episode 1 was pretty funny on the second watch. Very dumb, very low-key.

Yeah, I watched the first two last night. Episode 1 was fun, especially some of the Vault scenes - the Brotherhood stuff worked less well, and some of the dialogue was very awkward. Episode 2 was much better: it nailed the very funny tone of the games and got me invested in all three main characters. Plus Ben Linus was there!

6 hours ago, Werthead said:

Not quite correct.

Reveal hidden contents

Robert House from New Vegas appears at the roundtable in the final episode. I believe he is the only 100% character from the games to appear in the TV show.

Several of the other people at the table do appear in the games in the forms of log entries on terminal; the REPCONN representative I think has multiple log entries in the REPCONN facility in New Vegas.

The activities of the main characters from both Fallout and Fallout 2 are alluded to in the histories given for Shady Sands. 

Moldaver isn't from the games, she's a new character.

Yeah, that's why I said basically. There may be a few other Easter eggs too. 

4 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

I haven’t played the games a lot guys so just confused but if the past stuff takes place in 2077 why does the culture ,society and technology (except for a few things like robots and vault stuff) look like their from the 1950s?

It's an alt history.

The Fallout universe's history diverged from our own after World War II, as the transistor was never invented. Instead they kept using valve technology, giving everything this 1950s-ish vibe even up to 2077.

The real reason is that Fallout 1 was supposed to be a sequel to an earlier game called Wasteland, published in 1988 by Electronic Arts. The same team founded a new company, Interplay, and nine years later started making a Wasteland sequel, but EA wouldn't sell them back the rights. So they had to make a "spiritual sequel." EA was apparently quite arsey about it and insisted they make sure their new game was legally distinct from the original. So they did that by making Fallout 1 with a single character (rather than Wasteland's party) and using the retrofuturistic thing to distinguish Fallout 1's setting from Wasteland.

Ironically, Interplay collapsed in 2004 and sold the Fallout IP rights to Bethesda, who then made Fallout 3, 4 and 76. Some of the old Interplay team, now at Obsidian, made Fallout: New Vegas after Bethesda contracted them to make a new game, and the rest of the old Interplay team, now at inXile, finally succeeded in buying back the Wasteland IP from EA and made Wasteland 2 (2014) and Wasteland 3 (2020).

Finished it and greatly enjoyed it. This question was asked above, but I don't see an answer

Spoiler

how did Moldaver survive the 200+ years since she seemed to be fully at odds with Vault-Tec and the other corpos.

Couple of questions after finishing it:

Spoiler

1) How did Moldaver survive ?
2) Which faction did the scientist guy belong to, how and from whom did he steal cold fusion, why didn’t moldaver take it earlier ?
3) how did Hank bomb shady sands when they were just vault dwellers ? Can they still access nukes from somewhere ? How did the overseers escape vault 32 when the people there learnt the truth

Also how did Hank not realise 32 was compromised after what we know about him post finishing the show ?

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II

Re: Moldaver,

Spoiler

I suspect we'll learn more of how she survived in next season. I like the fact that we're told of her independent wealth after Vault-Tec bought up her company so as to justify the idea that she made her own mini-vault to cryo and pop her head out occasionally. But it also seems possible that maybe she infiltrated one of the other colluding corps, like RobCo -- which will likely be featuring next season -- to get a spot.

Btw I’ve heard from a lot of online grumbling that the show contradicts a lot of the canon,lore and world building especially around the factions and how and why the nukes happened in the first place.

I’m curious as to what the hardcore fallout fans of all the games feel about this show…I really enjoyed it but I didn’t know jackshit about the lore and have barely played a few hours of fallout 3. Is it Witcher level bad in that regard ?

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II

Are the absurdly large bags that the squires have to carry a humorous nod to the fact that players carry a lot of loot? I don't know about Fallout but if Skyrim were realistic you'd be weighed down just by all the keys you end up carrying.

Edited by Corvinus85

4 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Btw I’ve heard from a lot of online grumbling that the show contradicts a lot of the canon,lore and world building especially around the factions and how and why the nukes happened in the first place.

I’m curious as to what the hardcore fallout fans of all the games feel about this show…I really enjoyed it but I didn’t know jackshit about the lore and have barely played a few hours of fallout 3. Is it Witcher level bad in that regard ?

No, it is almost 100% perfectly canon with an absurd amount of references to the games that are perfect. 

Sometimes I suspect too good, and certain things that are in the show don't work as well for being live like they do in the game. But they 100% roll with it.