UK politics, Truss me, I really am that mental.

48 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Turns out the "openly Jewish guy" was openly looking for a fight.  He apparently goes to all the pro-Palestinian marches, looking for a fight. Twat.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/apr/22/initial-story-about-openly-jewish-incident-not-full-picture-says-ex-senior-met-officer

Not a suprise. At Orange Walks, there’s always at least one die hard in a Celtic top who just happens to want to cross the road at that particular time. Or if it’s a republican march, someone in a Rangers top. 

35 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Not a suprise. At Orange Walks, there’s always at least one die hard in a Celtic top who just happens to want to cross the road at that particular time. Or if it’s a republican march, someone in a Rangers top. 

I strongly object to putting myself in danger to rescue idiots that have caused their own problems. 

3 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Turns out the "openly Jewish guy" was openly looking for a fight.  He apparently goes to all the pro-Palestinian marches, looking for a fight. Twat.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/apr/22/initial-story-about-openly-jewish-incident-not-full-picture-says-ex-senior-met-officer

And he is just so pathetic I almost feel sorry for him. 

13 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Can you think of any other business that could get away with going to the regulator, asking to put prices up 44% after paying out huge bonuses to shareholders, and woefully mismanaging their infrastructure?  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68872563

What more example do people need that capitalism is bad in its construction. Capitalism always arcs towards monopoly or oligopoly. Complex laws and regulations are needed to mitigate against this outcome but they are typically flawed, and in some cases corporations are able to influence laws and policies that facilitate monopoly or oligopoly, including convincing govts that private ownership of a monopoly resource would serve the public interest better than public (state) ownership.

Maybe in some parts of the UK it could be viable to install local rainwater+filtration+UV treatment to deliver residential drinking water. Volumes would not be enough to meet all home water use needs, but at least being able to drink clean water should be possible. In-home grey water systems could be viable too. Quite apart from decreasing dependence on a monopoly supplier situation, water conservation in general is a good thing.

I wonder how many Tommy Robinson types would try to fight you if you pointed out that this migrant and his horse would today be yeeted out to Rwanda the moment they dared step foot on proud England's soil. 

Edited by Spockydog

Very sound and sensible policies from Binface, but really did he have to spoil it with fantasy nonsense like voter ID policy? Making it easier for eligible people to vote has never done anyone any good.

Poor Oliver Dowden. Dude's face literally looks like a smacked arse. Totally eviscerated by Raynor at PMQs.

She's great, btw. Easy to see why the wankers are so desperate to destroy her. 

5 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Poor Oliver Dowden. Dude's face literally looks like a smacked arse. Totally eviscerated by Raynor at PMQs.

She's great, btw. Easy to see why the wankers are so desperate to destroy her. 

I'm totally in love with her, especially if she has loads of ill gotten tax gains stashed away. 

Is Raynor a prospect to replace Starmer while Labour is in Govt in a way that won't wind up with Labour losing the subsequent election?

I know very little of her or her personal politics, but the impression I get is that she's proper Labour in both the social and economic sense.

Posted (edited)

Labour pledge to re nationalise 'most' railways within first term. I don't see how they could do worse.

Tory being tory and not being aware that under there current government we are already facing the worst tax burden in a million years

Rail Minister Huw Merriman said the plans were "pointless" and "unfunded".

"They don't have a plan to pay for the bill attached to their rail nationalisation," he said. "Without a plan to pay for this, it means one thing: taxes will rise on hard working people."

Edited by BigFatCoward