NFL 2024: It's Draft Season You Sandbagging SOBs

6 minutes ago, Rhom said:

So this is what going “all in” for Jerry looks like?

For a guy in Texas he sure doesn't know what all in is.

My guess is Guyton is the Guy and they think he will still be there at 29 and picked up a high 3rd rd pick

Edited by dbunting
Tackle

11 minutes ago, dbunting said:

My guess is Guyton is the Guy and they think he will still be there at 29 and picked up a high 3rd rd pick

You sir… are a savant.

11 minutes ago, dbunting said:

And there he is, Guyton, massive tackle from Oklahoma. I'm happy w that.

Niners need a CB (and the white guy is still on the board… I may wind up having to eat those words!) but Lynch is still the guy in charge… so I expect a D lineman.

DeJaun is more just a versatile DB than an outside CB.  I remember early in the process a lot of sites had him listed as a safety.

Anyway, I do not think the Pearsall pick necessarily means the Niners are trading Aiyuk.  Pearsall profiles more as a Deebo replacement as a versatile receiver - and returner.  That’s not to say they’re trading Deebo either - albeit that’s the current chatter - but I expect him to be gone by next offseason at the latest when he can provide more cap relief.  With Jennings a free agent next offseason as well, it was prudent to take a receiver even if they’re keeping everyone for now.

As for the pick itself, not a huge fan and seems a bit of a reach.  Really would have preferred they traded down.  To be fair there are reports they tried and them taking up all the clock does support that.

10 hours ago, Jace, Extat said:

There's really a white CB? I don't know how I feel about that... I kinda don't like it. Is this what racism is? I just think about a white boy trying to cover a receiver and I get angry.

Not only is he white... his first name is Cooper.

9 hours ago, DMC said:

As for the pick itself, not a huge fan and seems a bit of a reach.  Really would have preferred they traded down.  To be fair there are reports they tried and them taking up all the clock does support that.

For what it's worth, Matt Harmon likes Pearsall a lot, and he is great with WR evaluations.  He is a fantasy football analyst, but also focuses on WR in a way that goes beyond that perspective.

Link

Pearsall is a rock-solid receiver. He runs great routes in the short to intermediate areas and is athletic enough to rip defenses on big post and corner routes. You can see him play all three positions on film, even if his best home is probably as a flanker/slot receiver in the NFL. In addition to high-level separation, Pearsall has some of the best hands in this class. I see him starting out in the “quarterback’s best friend” role in the offense as the primary short read in high/low concepts in the passing game and eventually developing into a 120-target earner.

13 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

For what it's worth, Matt Harmon likes Pearsall a lot, and he is great with WR evaluations.  He is a fantasy football analyst, but also focuses on WR in a way that goes beyond that perspective.

It’s not so much Pearsall I wasn’t a fan of but the value.  Seems like they coulda traded down 10 picks and still be assured he was there.

25 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Not only is he white... his first name is Cooper.

White guys named Cooper never work out in the NFL.  I mean, when was the last time one of them won Super Bowl MVP?  None in the past two years. 

27 minutes ago, DMC said:

It’s not so much Pearsall I wasn’t a fan of but the value.  Seems like they coulda traded down 10 picks and still be assured he was there.

Agree.  I don't have a problem with Pearsall.  But I just watched my team lose a Super Bowl because of a lack of secondary depth and an inability to protect the QB... like... at all.

Its probably a philosophical thing.  I'd like to see them address the obvious weaknesses and go all in on running it back this year... while the front office is looking at contracts for three wide receivers and one of the best tight ends in the league and a QB nearing the end of his rookie contract.  So while the numbers can work for this year, they are obviously drafting with an eye to next year and beyond.

9 hours ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

What a draft night. Caleb walks into a better situation roster-wise than Justin did three years ago, and Rome Odunze falls right into their lap, giving Caleb another weapon. What a night. 

Yeah, it's gonna be remarkable how amazingly those guys will play on another team in 3 years time

Edited by Kalbear

I'm really happy with the Bengals pick. I get Mims has limited snaps but during those limited snaps, he was lights out. He has the size, strength, length and athleticism to be a top OT in the league and he gets to learn a bit behind two 6'8, 340lb behemoths. It's about time the Bengals brought some athleticism onto the OL. Burrow has to be thrilled.

56 minutes ago, Mexal said:

I'm really happy with the Bengals pick. I get Mims has limited snaps but during those limited snaps, he was lights out. He has the size, strength, length and athleticism to be a top OT in the league and he gets to learn a bit behind two 6'8, 340lb behemoths. It's about time the Bengals brought some athleticism onto the OL. Burrow has to be thrilled.

Major thing with Mims isn’t necessarily the lack of snaps but the injury history.

Edited by DMC