Football, what the fuckball?

7 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

I wouldn't write Spurs off getting something against City though. They've caused City problems in the past few seasons including this one. Just like how Chelsea have been largely shit this season but somehow gave City a run for their money in all 3 games this season. Horses for courses and all that.

Oh it’s possible. Just like I think Fulham is possible. I just think it’s unlikely. Last season City won like 17 in a row to win the title. Doubt it’ll be massively different this time. It’s not like they’re unhealthy.

Posted (edited)

Bayern might as well take whatever Real Madrid is offering for Davies. He's been fucking rubbish for two seasons straight. He's either stagnated and been found out or he's simply not interested in playing for Bayern anymore. The latter would be an unprofessional dick move.

Edited by Consigliere

9 hours ago, ljkeane said:

Jim Ratcliffe visited United’s facilities at Carrington recently and followed it up with an e-mail having a go at how untidy the IT department was and threatening to cancel staff Christmas parties. 

A friend of a friend worked for Ineos and he encountered Ratcliffe fairly frequently and apparently he’s a massive dick. He’s not taking long to show that at United.

It does seem draconian (threatening to cancel the staff Christmas party) but it should also be noted that standards have slipped at United in all aspects of the business, including hygiene standards. Recall that the club recently lost their 5-star rating (downgraded to 1-star after an inspection by Trafford council) for serving undercooked chicken. The article in the Athletic also mentioned that Ratcliffe was not pleased with the condition of the U18 and U21 dressing rooms in addition to the IT department saying that it reflects poorly on the club when they host visitors, young player's parents, new players and the media. He's not wrong in that.

21 hours ago, Rorshach said:

I think Arsenal are lucky here. Raya's doing a bad job in that situation and is getting bailed out by the "goalkeepers are sacred"-rule.

I just saw this on Match of the Day. I mean, come on, you can’t rule out goals in Arsenal’s favour for obstructing the goalkeeper. It should be written into the rules at this stage that teams are allowed to do whatever they want to Raya.

On 5/4/2024 at 2:14 PM, Consigliere said:

I think this probably has to be the end of the line for the prospect of 777 Partners taking over Everton. Beyond it becoming clear they likely don’t have the money to do so committing fraud is something that will rule you out as a fit and proper Premier League owner. Unlike, say, being a despotic regime and/or having people murdered.

I know Chelsea is supposed to be our second biggest enemy but I actually dislike West Ham more. I hope they get relegated after Moyes leaves.

25 minutes ago, Darryk said:

I know Chelsea is supposed to be our second biggest enemy but I actually dislike West Ham more. I hope they get relegated after Moyes leaves.

They're playing like they're trying to get him sacked. Shameful.

Tottenham are weird. Most of the time, they look like they'll be steamrolled here, but then suddenly they break in numbers and with speed, and you get the feeling they might just nick a goal or two.

1 minute ago, Corvinus85 said:

PGMOL must be trolling Klopp now with Tierney. And naturally doesn't give a penalty.

As to this .. VAR didn't change it when McNeill got stamped on his standing leg. This was a tap, and Gakpo seemed to overdo it rather badly. Could probably easily not fall down there.

3 minutes ago, Rorshach said:

As to this .. VAR didn't change it when McNeill got stamped on his standing leg. This was a tap, and Gakpo seemed to overdo it rather badly. Could probably easily not fall down there.

Yeah, I don’t think that’s a penalty. It’s probably one of those that isn’t going to get turned over if it’s given but I think it was the right call.

We’ve been comfortably the better side but it’d be nice if that was reflected with us being comfortably in front on the scoreboard for the first time in a while.

Just now, ljkeane said:

Yeah, I don’t think that’s a penalty. It’s probably one of those that isn’t going to get turned over if it’s given but I think it was the right call.

We’ve been comfortably the better side but it’d be nice if that was reflected with us being comfortably in front on the scoreboard for the first time in a while.

Agree that it wouldn't be overturned if given either. 

And it seems the scoreboard is now slightly better.