Football, what the fuckball?

Emerson is rubbish.

Maguire has picked up a muscle injury in training and will be out for around 3 weeks. That's all of our CBs injured. Think Evans might have recently returned to training though.

Endo’s done pretty well as a cheaper stopgap measure for Liverpool in defensive midfield this season but they’re going to have to find a longer term solution. It’d be nice if that solution turned out to be Bajetic and they don’t need to go out and buy one. It’s a shame he’s missed so much of this season so we couldn’t have had more of a trial run.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

What are we going to do with him? :P

Keep him, play him loads, buy at least one more clinical wide forward and perhaps late-breaking midfielder to take advantage of his otherwise good, potentially-excellent all-round game

I mean he's still a fucking moron but I don't love seeing us play against him.

Edited by polishgenius

Cesar Luis Menotti died at the age of 85. Was the coach of Argentina in their first WC win in 1978, and would later coach Barcelona, Atlético de Madrid and Sampdoria, among others.

He also had a playing career that saw him play, among others, with Pelé at Santos (when asked who was better between Pelé and Maradona, having played with one and coached another, he said Pelé was much better, and in another level entirely).

He is the 3rd World Cup winning coach to die this year, after Zagallo and Beckenbauer. 

Obviously, not trying to defend anyone abusing anyone online, but this is still a childish move. It's not as if majority of Liverpool supporters were abusing him and making his life difficult. Deleting Liverpool related content from his Instagram because of reaction of few (and compared to the worldwide Liverpool fanbase, it is few) is an overreaction. And let's not forget that deleting those posts would not stop the abuse the way, for example, stepping away from social media for a while would.

I could be overreacting, but I find it disrespectful to majority of the fanbase and to the club, and I'd like to see him leave this summer despite the fact I think he has the potential to be a world-class player.

1 hour ago, baxus said:

Obviously, not trying to defend anyone abusing anyone online, but this is still a childish move. It's not as if majority of Liverpool supporters were abusing him and making his life difficult. Deleting Liverpool related content from his Instagram because of reaction of few (and compared to the worldwide Liverpool fanbase, it is few) is an overreaction. And let's not forget that deleting those posts would not stop the abuse the way, for example, stepping away from social media for a while would.

I could be overreacting, but I find it disrespectful to majority of the fanbase and to the club, and I'd like to see him leave this summer despite the fact I think he has the potential to be a world-class player.

I don't understand how any professional athlete has social media. In a world of anonymous ability to say whatever anyone wants with no repercussions, it's destructive to their mental health. I've read the comments on Xhaka, Havertz, Rice (when his gf is posted), Saka (post-Euros) social media posts and it's insane. I can just imagine how bad it is on Nunez's.

Millions of followers on social media are a pretty good indicator of player's popularity, and since we live in a world where players' ability is not the only factor clubs consider signing them, it's perfectly reasonable that players would have social media. They should probably avoid running their official accounts themselves, though.

Posted (edited)

Tim Duncan notoriously didn't have social media, it never affected him (you could say he lost out on a bit of income, but when we are talking of the difference between 40 and 50m, who cares?). 

The bullying of Rice's partner had been particularly abhorrent. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

6 minutes ago, baxus said:

Millions of followers on social media are a pretty good indicator of player's popularity, and since we live in a world where players' ability is not the only factor clubs consider signing them, it's perfectly reasonable that players would have social media. They should probably avoid running their official accounts themselves, though.

That's fair, but some fans seem to feel entitled that footballers have a duty to have social media accounts so they can be abused. Despite all the 'age we're living in' bollocks, my view is players are paid to play football, not to be punchbags for nobs. I'm with Mexal, - I fully understand why a footballer or any celebrity for that matter doesn't fancy putting themselves in the firing line.

2 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Tim Duncan notoriously didn't have social media, it never affected him (you could say he lost out on a bit of income, but when we are talking of the difference between 40 and 50m, who cares?). 

To you and me those amounts seem like infinity, but I'm quite confident that we would both go for 50M$ per year instead of 40M$ if given a chance.

Also, Tim Duncan retired in 2016 which is almost a decade ago. Things have changed since then.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, baxus said:

To you and me those amounts seem like infinity, but I'm quite confident that we would both go for 50M$ per year instead of 40M$ if given a chance.

Also, Tim Duncan retired in 2016 which is almost a decade ago. Things have changed since then.

If someone said 40 million and you don't have to engage with any cunts, I'd go for that option every time. 

But then again I only have a very minimal SM footprint anyway (Facebook only and rarely used) so it would be no skin off my nose. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

4 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

The bullying of Rice's partner had been particularly abhorrent. 

Had to Google Tim Duncan. Netball.

1 minute ago, House Cambodia said:

That's fair, but some fans seem to feel entitled that footballers have a duty to have social media accounts so they can be abused. Despite all the 'age we're living in' bollocks, my view is players are paid to play football, not to be punchbags for nobs. I'm with Mexal, - I fully understand why a footballer or any celebrity for that matter doesn't fancy putting themselves in the firing line.

That's fair, but when did I say those fans you speak of have the right to feel and behave that way?

And no, players are not paid only to play football. No matter what you or I would prefer, those days are long gone.

2 minutes ago, baxus said:

That's fair, but when did I say those fans you speak of have the right to feel and behave that way?

And no, players are not paid only to play football. No matter what you or I would prefer, those days are long gone.

I wrote "some fans". I never said 'you'.