"I just bought" - Volume II

Stubby

Someday I should be getting Before They Are Hanged, but Amazon keeps pushing the shipping date back on me.

They did the same to me, but shipped it out on Saturday the 23rd, about a week after I ordered it.

Look for a shipping notice to you soon.

ETA: Before They Are Hanged arrived on my doorstep today from Amazon US. w00t. :)

I just bought The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco and The Religion by Tom Willocks.

A friend also sent me the first two books in the Death Gate Cycle.

And finally, I'm getting the 4th book (Pawn in Frankincense) in the Lymond Chronicles by Dorothy Dunnett from the library.

Just bought:

Deadhouse Gates by Steven Erikson (I'm about 30 pages from the end of Gardens of the Moon and it seems that the third try was the charm)

Crystal Rain by Tobias S. Buckell (Saw he was up for a Nebula for Ragamuffin and figured I'd try him out to get some Sci-Fi into the diet)

I'm weak...

Let Me In by John Ajvide Lindqvist

Lonely Werewolf Girl by Martin Millar

The Princess Bride by William Goldman

I could have just bought one (Let Me In), but these three combined with my last order of 27, gives me a gift of 30 books for my 30th birthday (why I made my big order).

Just bought:

A Great and Terrible King-Marc Morris ( brand spanking new history book with a superb cover one of England's most interesting rulers)

The Shadow Year-Jeffrey Ford ( really looking forward to this one)

Wizard and Glass- Stephen King ( the cool trade paperback, love those editions)

A Wolf Story-James Byron Huggings ( Animal Fantasy)

Blind Voices-Tom Reamy ( bad carnival comes to American town)

Dog Lost-Ingrid Lee ( story of a homeless pit bull trying to stay alive)

Julius Winsome-Gerard Donovan ( lone man in the Maine Woods sees his dog killed and takes revenge)

The Walking Dead book 1 ( post-apocalyptic comic book series that got great reviews)

Megatron:Origin

Silver Surfer Requiem

The Shadow Year-Jeffrey Ford ( really looking forward to this one)

Thought the book was slated for a March release, guess I was mistaken? Or did you pre-order it? Either way, I've been looking forward to this as well.

I just found a brand new copy of Jeff Smith's graphic novelBone (the 1300 page complete edition) at a local library sale for a dollar! I have been meaning to read it for years, and for a dollar, this is the time!

Fascinating. The ARC of The Flood by Stephen Baxter just arrived. It looks like a much more 'serious' look at what would happen if not only the polar ice caps melted but also vast reservoirs of water held inside the mantle (which apparently there is growing evidence for) were released, with sea level rises of over 2,000 metres. Whilst it sounds good and Baxter is always reliable, it does sound a bit like a prequel to Waterworld to me :stunned:

That does sound good. I had seen the book but dismissed it as yet another in his rather boring Time's Tpaestry series, but it seems that series is finished and Flood appears to be unrelated to it. To be follow by Ark, in July 2009. Will be looking for your review on that one Wert.

Archived