Republic of Thieves- Lynch book III

Calibandar

The kind of thing that would be fitting for the Eye of Argon.

Except that it fits too well (sword-wielding guy and what have you). To truly capture the bizarreness of The Eye of Argon, it'd be more appropriate to have a cover that has nothing whatsoever to do with barbarians, swordfighting, epilectic priests, rats, or "scarlet emeralds" that try to eat people. Perhaps a badly-drawn Christmas Tree or space-ship?

I've always found the US mmp cover of tLoLL to be really crappy too.

Reminds me of the cover for Elantris, which makes it to look like some bizarre mesh of fantasy and scifi. Although the buildings did look pretty cool...

I wish more fantasy had covers like the UK version of LoLL/RSURS. It might be a little plain, but there's a certain simple elegance to them, plus you don't feel as though you ought to hide them from the rest of the world... Wheel of Time, I'm looking at you... :sick:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Calibandar for reminding me that I had not gotten back to you guys. . .

Scott has yet to turn in the "finished" manuscript, so his editor couldn't tell for certain if the book would see the light on the tentative release date. She seemed optimistic, however. :)

Patrick

Thanks to Calibandar for reminding me that I had not gotten back to you guys. . .

Scott has yet to turn in the "finished" manuscript, so his editor couldn't tell for certain if the book would see the light on the tentative release date. She seemed optimistic, however. :)

Patrick

Then I shall remain optimistic as well. At least this wait has not been as long as the one for AFfC. I do wish Scott would at least post something on his damn journal - throw us some kind of a bone. SUMMON AUTHOR!

Archived