Republic of Thieves- Lynch book III

Calibandar

possible lies of locke lamorra movie

The rights were optioned before the book even came out and its been in development hell since then.

So... still no firm confirmation on title release.

Yeah, I think the bereavement has kind of taken his mind off that. We'll learn more in due time.

• 2 weeks later...
As I posted on the blog, this now looks like a summer/fall 2010 release. Or beyond, if the manuscript is not turned in soon. . .

In the USA ;)

If it is turned in soon, I think Gollancz's preferred date is spring 2010. But I'm not sure if they can say for sure when it will be published until the MS is turned in [/blindingly obvious]

I didn't realize Lynch stumped up around my neck of the woods (Him and Gaimen). I emphasize with his Stillwater story, they can be a bunch of jerks there.

I asked him at a reading if he ever ran down to the town where Gaiman lives. He just found it amusing.

• 2 weeks later...

A friend was looking through my bookshelves and happened to pick up my Lynch novels and read the author info aloud:

Lies: "Scott Lynch was born in St. Paul, Minnesota, in 1978 and currently lives in Wisconsin with his fiancee and a small menagerie of household critters."

Red Seas: "Scott Lynch was born in St. Paul, Minnesota, in 1978 and currently lives in Wisconsin with his wife and a small menagerie of household critters."

When I told her about the troubles with the next book she said it would read:

"Scott Lynch was born in St. Paul, Minnesota, in 1978 and currently lives in Wisconsin with his wife, his newborn triplets, and a small menagerie of household critters."

his newborn triplets

:stunned:

If that is the case he hasn't got the time to wind his watch, let alone finish up a manuscript. Congratulations to the Lynch family but wow!

Triplets???

Good lord no wonder he doesn't have time to write. Congrats on his new kinder. One child at a time is hard enough, I can't imagine three at the same time. You're going strait to a zone parenting style without the normal stops at double coverage and then man to man.

Yeah, that's not the reason for the delay on the book :rolleyes:

Scott's slowly growing Internet presence does suggest to me that some of the big timesinking problems he's been having recently may be resolved, and I suspect we'll get news on the book soon.

This is from the thread on Scott Lynch's most recent livejournal post:

Oh my fucking god, I had the temerity to write something I wanted to write about in my own Livejournal.

Next week is the week of multiple big announcements.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he's announcing he's turned in RoT. Credit for this discovery goes to "The Spider" over on the Camorr Forums.

This is from the thread on Scott Lynch's most recent livejournal post:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he's announcing he's turned in RoT. Credit for this discovery goes to "The Spider" over on the Camorr Forums.

I really want this book. Please, please, please be an announcement that the book is turned in.

But Scott hasn't updated his LJ today...there's no mention of the above mentioned 'news' being revealed soon.

Edit: Nvm, noticed it was a comment from him, not a thread topic itself. Interesting...

Archived