Republic of Thieves- Lynch book III

Calibandar

Well, North American publishers (I'm not naming any names) have often accused UK fantasy imprints to get books on the shelves extremely quickly without a proper edit, so it could happen. But in order to be released in November on your side of the pond, Lynch would still need to turn in the final mauscript real soon.

And there is no indication that this will happen. . . Don't put too much trust in catalogues, guys. These things are planned months in advance, so nothing in there is definitely set in stone.

We'll have to wait and see, as always. :)

Patrick

• 1 month later...

I know its not the correct thread.

But with his last book did anyone have a problem with it. two pages were stuck together, luckily without any text on. And a paragraph was repeated twice.

Also his name was signed on the front

Scott's editor has been ill for the last few days, and the status of the book is unknown. It is currently Shroedinger's Republic of Thieves, with the potentiality of being complete or incomplete not yet collapsing into a single quantum actuality wavefront thing :unsure: Erm.

Anyway, guess we'll have to wait a week or two to find out.

Scott's editor has been ill for the last few days, and the status of the book is unknown. It is currently Shroedinger's Republic of Thieves, with the potentiality of being complete or incomplete not yet collapsing into a single quantum actuality wavefront thing :unsure: Erm.

Anyway, guess we'll have to wait a week or two to find out.

:(

That's disappointing, I was really hoping to hear some good new. I need me a Gentleman's Bastards fix.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if there was any more news and this long awaited title?

One of the main reasons for signing up to the forums was that after hours of internet trawling you guys were the only ones making any sense (thanks Amazon for their 'pick a date, any date' approach to new releases!)

On another note, the other topics are pretty interesting too. Definitely rekindled my inner book club nerd.

Cheers guys

:thumbsup:

Just wondering if there was any more news and this long awaited title?

One of the main reasons for signing up to the forums was that after hours of internet trawling you guys were the only ones making any sense (thanks Amazon for their 'pick a date, any date' approach to new releases!)

On another note, the other topics are pretty interesting too. Definitely rekindled my inner book club nerd.

Cheers guys

:thumbsup:

I'll see if I can dig up any more at the weekend :)

• 3 weeks later...
any news?

No news. I got the impression that the optimism of a while back has been tempered a bit. They're still expecting to publish in 2010 but it's not a lock like Rothfuss (unless Rothfuss' MS has huge problems that need solving, but they're not expecting that).

No news. I got the impression that the optimism of a while back has been tempered a bit. They're still expecting to publish in 2010 but it's not a lock like Rothfuss (unless Rothfuss' MS has huge problems that need solving, but they're not expecting that).

I seem to recall seeing somewhere that Lynch was experiencing some personal problems, is the delay because he is unable to write at the moment or is he having difficulties with the book like Rothfuss?

I seem to recall seeing somewhere that Lynch was experiencing some personal problems, is the delay because he is unable to write at the moment or is he having difficulties with the book like Rothfuss?

Thanks Wert.

I read that somewhere as well. Don't know if there is any truth to that.

My understanding is that it is more to do with personal problems than any major issue with the book itself. As he said ages ago, all seven books have been planned, so there shouldn't be any major story problems.

I just read RSORS the other day (yeah one day, he writes page turners) and thought it was a good book. Not great, like Lies but still better then average.

Thank you for reading my useless post.

Scott shares bad news in his lifejournal: Apparently this past weekend his grandfather died (and just the week before his youngest brother's wedding)

My condolences to Scott and the family.

Not sure if this is allowed, but could someone please post his blog entry here? My work firewalls livejournal, for some reason...

Thursday, July 2nd, 2009

9:50 pm Brief Update

This past weekend, my youngest brother Brian got married, tying the knot with his college sweetheart, and thus taking the last of the unsecured Lynch boys off the market.

Also, this past Friday, as the family was embarking on its mass road trip to the wedding, my paternal grandfather Martin died at home at the age of 81, following a long battle with cancer.

I will, unfortunately, not be attending Convergence 2009, where I had been scheduled to sit on a panel on Friday, July 3rd.

Oh, wow. It worked! :cheers:

I'm pretty sure Scott doesn't read this site anymore, but regardless, both congratulations and condolences on the two bits of news.

Archived