Go Ahead and Date a Single Dad says CNN

Anatole Kuragin

[quote name='Simon of Steele' post='1744090' date='Apr 3 2009, 16.48']It's cool because you're smarter than the rest of us and can orchestrate us as a shepherd would do with his sheep.[/quote]

I didn't intend for it to become a "serious" thread. Look at the subtitle.

Geez, and I thought that despite the stupid OP, it turned into an interesting discussion on dating when at least one person has children from a previous relationship.

[quote name='Anatole Kuragin' post='1744103' date='Apr 3 2009, 17.54']I didn't intend for it to become a "serious" thread. Look at the subtitle.[/quote]

You can see it as the Board's lemming-like rush to debate anything you offer up, or the Board out-smarted your attempt at an inane thread and found a meaningful issue to discuss anyway.

These two interpretations are not mutually exclusive.

[quote name='Arbor Gold' post='1744117' date='Apr 3 2009, 17.01']Did you learn NOTHING from Cockblocking?[/quote]

This is kinda my point. Everything gets twisted into a thread determined to attack an idea no matter how stupid the OP is and what the point of the OP is. Like Cockblocking.

[quote name='Anatole Kuragin' post='1744123' date='Apr 3 2009, 14.06']This is kinda my point. Everything gets twisted into a thread determined to attack an idea no matter how stupid the OP is and what the point of the OP is. Like Cockblocking.[/quote]

I am not in favor of cockblocking.

Discuss.

[quote name='Anatole Kuragin' post='1744123' date='Apr 3 2009, 17.06']This is kinda my point. Everything gets twisted into a thread determined to attack an idea no matter how stupid the OP is and what the point of the OP is. Like Cockblocking.[/quote]

BRA-VO!!! :lol:

I feel the "Information Super highway" is now just a means to argue, attention whore, and feel superior too others on. Do you think ppl troll certain threads looking for something to get offended by?

And yes, irony seekers, I DO feel superior to attention whores. ;)

[quote name='Trebla' post='1744225' date='Apr 4 2009, 11.05']BRA-VO!!! :lol:

I feel the "Information Super highway" is now just a means to argue, attention whore, and feel superior too others on. Do you think ppl troll certain threads looking for something to get offended by?

And yes, irony seekers, I DO feel superior to attention whores. ;)[/quote]

I think you are totally wrong and I'm very offended by your opinion.

P.S; you smell funny.

[quote name='Brady' post='1744229' date='Apr 3 2009, 19.07']I think you are totally wrong and I'm very offended by your opinion.

P.S; you smell funny.[/quote]

yeah, well, I'm better than you, Mr. Hygeine.

Plus, I liked your Stormtrooper av better. :P

[quote name='Brady' post='1744238' date='Apr 3 2009, 19.14']You shouldn't anger the Monkey God like that. He'll pull his magic staff out of his ear and go to town on your ass.[/quote]

whoa...dude... :smileysex:

well, just don't kill my favorite toon on an rpg. :devil:

...I'm so mean sometimes. That's another reason to go online. ;)

Anatole: Do you think your 'experiment' was a success?

It seems to me, that it actually turned into a good discussion.

Also given the track it could have gone down. Given that single parenting, custody battles and child support (to name a few relevant topic leads), are hot emotional issues. and most of us are either going through these things or know someone who is. The ensuing topic discussion came across, well reasoned and level headed. and I may add, educational, not to mention, insightful.

which was not the case in the CB thread, a lot of the time.

Also given that it's a forum, discussion board.. And you presented a thread for discussion, it bodes well for this board that it was able to contribute so well.
Besides which (and this is all just my opinion) Your topic matter probably wasn't as inane as you might have thought it was.

BD: I'm Australian and even I'm annoyed by my accent :P
having said that though. If someone were to go away and come back with a different accent. they are traitors to the people and must be shunned. *cough* Kylie Minogue' *cough*

[quote name='Brady' post='1744248' date='Apr 3 2009, 20.23']Anyway, in an effort to prevent AK's thread getting Forum Games'ed - should I become a single dad? Discuss.

Serious answers only please.[/quote]

I think you should. I wasn't going to date you anyway. I'm saving myself in hopes of becoming LOON's goomah.

[quote name='Eponine' post='1744263' date='Apr 3 2009, 20.35']I think you should. I wasn't going to date you anyway. I'm saving myself in hopes of becoming LOON's goomah.[/quote]

Um, excuse me.. I believe there's a line.

[quote name='Brady' post='1744248' date='Apr 3 2009, 20.23']Anyway, in an effort to prevent AK's thread getting Forum Games'ed - should I become a single dad? Discuss.

Serious answers only please.[/quote]

No,
the Australian custody system is completely geared in the women's favour. Even the most strong and prepared men have been destroyed by it and the fact they pay through the nose for a baby they fell in love with and are never allowed to see. [/bitter tone]

I wouldn't wish that nightmare on anyone, let alone you.

(you wanted a serious answer)

[quote name='Saurian' post='1744261' date='Apr 4 2009, 11.34']BD: I'm Australian and even I'm annoyed by my accent :P
having said that though. If someone were to go away and come back with a different accent. they are traitors to the people and must be shunned. *cough* Kylie Minogue' *cough*[/quote]

Ugh, yeah. I don't find anything cool or sexy about our accents. I also hate how Aussie ex-pats will become Oz+++ when they move overseas. Suddenly it's 'mate' this and 'bloody hell' that, and 'I love vegemite and beer!' Yet when they still lived here they never talked like that and preferred to eat peanut butter and drink bourbon.

[quote name='Eponine' post='1744263' date='Apr 4 2009, 11.35']I think you should. I wasn't going to date you anyway. I'm saving myself in hopes of becoming LOON's goomah.[/quote]

Good luck. As we know, the Limecat can be fickle. Just ask Miss Lisbon, Train Girl, Class Girl or the other that I forget. The guy's like a blue collar version of Hank Moody.

[quote name='Saurian' post='1744271' date='Apr 4 2009, 11.43']No,
the Australian custody system is completely geared in the women's favour. Even the most strong and prepared men have been destroyed by it and the fact they pay through the nose for a baby they fell in love with and are never allowed to see. [/bitter tone]

I wouldn't wish that nightmare on anyone, let alone you.

(you wanted a serious answer)[/quote]

Talking about someone you know? Sorry to hear it, sounds like an awful situation. I know a few single dads, I guess they've been fairly lucky being able to see the kids every weekend.

Archived