Mya Stone

Just so. It might just be a Chicago thing, but I've noticed Bears fans love to argue, even and sometimes especially with each other. And hey, I've been trying to contain myself for the last several weeks so the playoffs and SB could have it's share of the conversation. We even got a new GM and I didn't even make a single post about it!

I'm just giving you guys a hard time. I like reading posts about teams I don't know as much about.

So my brother is already in SUPERDOUCHBAG mode, which drives me crazy, by berating me for liking a team that's lost twice in the last two Super Bowls they've been in. Because he's a Giants fan, he just doesn't understand how I could ever like the Patriots, blah blah blah...he even went on Kris's FB page when he was super drunk asking him how it felt to be a loser, without bothering to read that Kris had just told people his grandfather had just passed away. So now we're not talking. Sports. The great family feud maker.

In better news, I'm Facebook friends with Dan Lebatard's dad (from Dan Lebatard is Highly Questionable, which I freaking love), and we had a great dialogue about the game. He is such a Cruz fanboy it's kind of endearing. As a former UMASSer, I can't help but be happy for the guy...while feeling horrible for my boys. I read a couple of poignant articles on Yahoo today about the Patriots locker room after the loss. :( Oh well. Congrats again, Giants.

Where's Zadok? I thought for sure he'd be in this thread stinking it up.

This is what we've got to look forward to in the offseason, isn't it? Debates about how and why the Bears suck or don't suck or should suck less... :D

Just so. It might just be a Chicago thing, but I've noticed Bears fans love to argue, even and sometimes especially with each other.

And hey, I've been trying to contain myself for the last several weeks so the playoffs and SB could have it's share of the conversation. We even got a new GM and I didn't even make a single post about it!

And let's be honest here, it's more enjoyable to watch Bears fans debate and argue than it is to listen on to more prattle about the Patriots or Tim Tebow or which Manning Brother is better (it's still Peyton).

And Possum, he's only a GM in name, not in power. So it's kinda hard to talk about him. Yet.

This statement by it's very merit makes no sense. What you are in essence are saying is that Lovie Smith can't win one football game against a good team. If you think Lovie Smith is a good enough coach to get you to a Superbowl, which he has proven, then that is all that really matters. Anything else is just becoming over emotional about losses.

Why can't Lovie Smith be a good enough coach to get to a Superbowl and still be unable to win it? Something else he's proven.

Look, despite allegations that the radio dictates my thoughts on Lovie Smith, (it doesn't by the way), I still see a good coach who will never be able to take the next step to become one of the great coaches. Someone who does not evaluate talent very well, does not surround himself with enough good coaching talent to support him on either side of the ball, who cannot find it in himself to adjust his outdated mode of thinking in what makes football teams tick while the rest of the division and the NFL in general is passing him by, a coach who refuses to accept the realities in front of him and own up to mistakes and talk about what he's going to do to correct past mistakes.

He's good. He'll never be great. Chicago deserves great. I don't know if that coach is out there right now, but it would have been nice to have cut ties with Lovie when Jerry went and then tried to see what Bill Cowher was doing...

ETA: sorry, I get confused sometimes by all the things you predict and then claim awesomeness on. It's very hard to keep track.

It's tough, I know. I can only do it because I'm so awesome. ;)

And Wes, I still love you.

You know, if there's a Patriot that I like, it's Wes Welker. He's witty, and speedy... But the guy looked like a pedophile last night. Anyone else get weird vibes from the moustache?

Once again, the Giants win the Super Bowl after a mediocre regular season. This is like every championship they've ever won.

I'm sorry, is the fact that the Patriots could only summon one win against a .500< team in the course of a season too much for you to handle?

LETS GO G-MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And how fucking close were we to missing the play-offs! Let me ask you who is the better Manning? Hmmmm? Just look at the rings! Lets go New York Giants! Whooo!

Shut the fuck up.

Talk radio will be feasting on the video of Giselle being baited by hecklers:

http://deadspin.com/...-dropped-passes

Video at bottom of page. Can't imagine how hard it would be to NOT respond back but it only makes things worse.

Is it just me, or does she look ugly as sin in those pictures?

The major thing that sucks about the Giants winning this Super Bowl is I really wanted the Bears to go after Mario Manningham this off-season. Now this performance is going to drive his asking price way up and he's going to think he's a bonafide #1.

Ha, you'll take Manningham at record-setting salary over Roy Williams. And you'll fucking like it.

The miracle was getting past the Pats that year. They were down how much at halftime in that game?

18 points.

I'm not going to inflate my post further by actually quoting you. But I felt that more than just a "like" button was necessary to convey my appreciation for your post.

On Lovie: I've said before I think Lovie is a great coach. I think he gets more out of less than any coach in the league. From a pure talent standpoint they should be below .500 every season. They win by almost always winning the special teams battle* and by playing great defense. Jerry Angelo's draft bombs have been well documented and it's been his drafts on offense that have doomed the Bears the most. During his tenure he drafted ONE offensive player that reached the Pro Bowl with the Bears: Matt Forte.

* we saw last night how critical special teams are. That Giants punter killed the Pats

This is what we've got to look forward to in the offseason, isn't it? Debates about how and why the Bears suck or don't suck or should suck less... :D

Same as it ever was. Also, Patriots, Patriots, Patriots, and Peyton Manning. With a smattering of 'are you kidding me Redskins? lol Tony Romo, and are the 49ers actually good now?'

Some occasional stalwart Raven's and Packers fans (plus Frisky and his Green Bay Aaron Rodgers')

Bronn.

If we're truly lucky, Zadok might pop in.

And of course, Mexal's one man Bengal juggernaut.

Same as it ever was. Also, Patriots, Patriots, Patriots, and Peyton Manning. With a smattering of 'are you kidding me Redskins? lol Tony Romo, and are the 49ers actually good now?'

Some occasional stalwart Raven's and Packers fans (plus Frisky and his Green Bay Aaron Rodgers')

Bronn.

You forgot about awesome possum, Kal, and Jaxom talking about the Bears, and let's not forget our Jay Cutler - is he tough enough? or is he just in it for banging a C-list celebrity? - obsession.

You forgot about awesome possum, Kal, and Jaxom talking about the Bears, and let's not forget our Jay Cutler - is he tough enough? or is he just in it for banging a C-list celebrity? - obsession.

Er, look at what I quoted. "Same as it ever was." ;)

I know I count on you to go "ALL IN!" when the Cowboys play the Giants next season! :P

You know what, Trebs? I've never disliked the Giants, but my brother's constant "taking things up to an 11" has made me a non-fan. So yes, you heard it here first. For you, I will go "ALL IN" for the Cowboys when they play the Giants.

(A little piece of me just died inside.)

Er, look at what I quoted. "Same as it ever was." ;)

Oops. Sorry. I just had Mav ask me why my brother was a "BREXC" - when I asked him what that spelled, he said Cock. As in Peacock.

I need to stop swear-spelling in front of my kid.

As a Colts fan I have always rooted against NE. But I must say I am feeling a bit sad for the Pats. The board has some great Patriots fan. It's good to see you guys post even after a crushing loss.

NE only beat one team with a winning record and that was a lucky escape. I think this team overachieved and had some luck. The Giants looked like a better team.

Brady looked great for two drives (going 16/16 for a stretch) and very very pedestrian for the rest of the game. The under throw to Gronk cost them at least 3 points. yes Gronk was injured, however the ball was behind the limping giant, so it was a definite underthrow. The safety cost another 2. Also he is somewhat responsible for the drops by the WRs as the throws were not very precise, you would expect better throws from one of the best ever .And I am not being sarcastic, I have a ton of respect for Brady. But I think he is feeling the pressure as he does not have the D circa 2004 to lean on any more. The ironic thing is the NE defense held the Giants to 19 points (could have been 16 as the Bradshaw TD was uncontested). The NE offense still could not win it.

Just saw this and had to repost, making fun of Middle-finger-gate.

Apparently, a 50-year-old dressed like a 16-year-old on Halloween and her army of scantily clad backup dancers dry-humping the air in various creative ways for ten minutes is okay. Someone flipping the bird for a second is outrageous!!!!!!

The media had to find something wrong with the Half-Time show; they just picked the most ridiculous thing for their purposes. "Forget all of Madonna's lyrics or the sexualized rhythmic dancing of the performers, let's focus in on a singer who used a puerile gesture that all kids learn by the time they reach four."

I'm sharing with this thread how huge a DBag my brother is. He's the one without the beard.

I'm glad that I'm on the same page with favorite and hated sports teams as my sibling.

Bronn.

I do what I can. I want fair representation!

Why can't Lovie Smith be a good enough coach to get to a Superbowl and still be unable to win it? Something else he's proven.

Because what you are saying here is that Lovie Smith can't coach a team to win one football game. If you think he is good enough to get to the Superbowl, then by that very nature, he is good enough to win big games aginst very good teams. That is what it takes to win a Superbowl. Is your argument that he can only get to the Superbowl, and then he forgets everything and becomes an idiot?

I can understand your frustration,but the facts remain that Lovie knows how to coach football. Just remember, the Giants fans were saying the exact smae thing about Tom Coghlin about 7 weeks ago.

Archived