HBO Go Gets Exclusive First Look at New Trailer

Westeros

It such a good sign that every trailer seems to top the previous. I'm pretty sure I saw another Tyrion bitchslap delivered to Joffrey.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was Tyrion bitch slapping Joffrey. Wow... this trailer is just amazing, I can't fault it. Also I'm really liking the techno sort of music this season.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was Tyrion bitch slapping Joffrey. Wow... this trailer is just amazing, I can't fault it. Also I'm really liking the techno sort of music this season.

Yeah, just posted that in the other thread. I made a series of screengrabs, which is especially useful for the last few shots. http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l100/behindthemoon/GOT/

Folks, we don't link to pirated material. HBO Go is the sole and exclusive location for the trailer right now. I understand that HBO will be releasing it more widely in the next couple of days, so hang tight.

New season looks awesome...Although they didn't show it in this clip the one thing i am skeptical of is the casting of Margery Tyrell. It's the same chick who played Anne Boleyn in The Tudors, and she's awesome, just not necessarily what i imagined Margery like, Hopefully i'm totally wrong and she nails it.

Were the hell is Asha?

Well you know who.

Pyke still gets short shrift.

All in all I thought the last 'preview' was smoother and better elaborated.

At less than 2min means a ton of quick cuts , wonder if there will be an even longer trailer before April 1.

Nice to see a little CGI, a bit of dragon.

(Are they gonna fix the dire wolves are not? That one quick frame didn't look VFX-ed up to me.)

Less of Brienne in this one than the last, no spoken words yet.

The publicity release 'portrait' is still her best showing.

I can't tell if they have jumped forward at Winterfell or what!

I really don't mind if the send Rickon with the Reeds or some other new character.

Ok with me if they want to shorten Theon's taking of Winterfell, but I hope it's not foreshortened too much.

Arya goes by real fast in all previews.

Also, that Littlefinger quote (to Ros) above is mangled. That is not what he says. Watch it again.

I was just listing the quote because it's a telling quote and I really liked it lol - I didnt mean any connection to Roz. Sorry if I confused anyone.

I think it's Varys' narration but it coincides with what looks like Mel doing something interesting (shadow babies perhaps?).

It's hard to identify a lot when watching this on my phone. But what is that thing in the jail cell right after it lists GRRM's name? It looks really creepy but I can't make out who/what it is.

Were the hell is Asha?

Well you know who.

Pyke still gets short shrift.

All in all I thought the last 'preview' was smoother and better elaborated.

At less than 2min means a ton of quick cuts , wonder if there will be an even longer trailer before April 1.

Nice to see a little CGI, a bit of dragon.

(Are they gonna fix the dire wolves are not? That one quick frame didn't look VFX-ed up to me.)

Less of Brienne in this one than the last, no spoken words yet.

The publicity release 'portrait' is still her best showing.

I can't tell if they have jumped forward at Winterfell or what!

I really don't mind if the send Rickon with the Reeds or some other new character.

Ok with me if they want to shorten Theon's taking of Winterfell, but I hope it's not foreshortened too much.

Arya goes by real fast in all previews.

The direwolf was CGI. It looked pretty good to me (not quite on par with the dragons, but that's to be expected), and they'll obviously get bigger as the season (and series) progresses.

The direwolf was CGI. It looked pretty good to me (not quite on par with the dragons, but that's to be expected), and they'll obviously get bigger as the season (and series) progresses.

Someone over on WiC in the comments mentioned that the production had an animatronic direwolf (or direwolves?) made, they had seen it, and that it looked like it. Hard to tell with such a brief and blurry shot. Even if it is animatronic it could be a stand-in to be replaced with CGI in post.

Also, Isaac (Bran) confirmed in an interview that his direwolf was still used in S2 (perhaps as a more mobile stand-in to be replaced with CGI?). So, seems like they had a lot of options.

I'm a fanatic, I just won't pay for cable + HBO just to watch one show.

+1

Fortunately I think our pay TV services are recognising that there's a market for people who only want to watch 1 or 2 series, and are happy to pay for those 1 or 2 but not for a slew of other TV shows that hold zero interest. I'd be happy to pay for GoT only, if there was a way. At the moment the only way I can pay for GoT only is to buy the Blu-ray, which I am dutifully doing for S1, with a great deal of pleasure too. I'd be happy to pay $$ for being able to see the show when it airs + pre-order the Blu-ray all in one package.

Anyway, as to the trailer: Outstanding! And I have fewer qualms (after seeing one line of dialogue)about the dude playing Stannis, but I'm still somewhat unconvinced.

Lots of Robb and Jeyne gonna be in the season. May not quite have the surprise value it did in the book but it should work for TV.

I also loved the lines in the books about Robb being all rather innocent and naive when it comes to sex. But the Robb of the TV series does not seem like he could pull off being quite so sexually naive.

Archived