[Book Spoilers] Pre-airing Discussion

so along the Arya timeline we have to get Tywin out of Harrenhall (he went north in the books), Lorch to replace him (now that Lorch is dead we will need another lannister bannerman to control Harrenhall), capture Bolton, Arya rescue Bolton through the weasel soup episode, then have Arya escape

Lord Bolton was not among the northern prisoners who were freed by weasel soup. He came to Harrenhal after that chapter in the book.

Thank the old Gods and the new, Jaime Lannister will be back this episode!!! So so pumped for that! He better be the central character of the episode, and I am very excited to see the scene that Nikolaj describes as the best of his career.

Besides his scenes, I am greatly looking forward to more Sandor, Theon's hunt, and more Harrenhall madness.

One thing I am not looking forward to based on the preview..WTF is Shae doing holding a knife to someone's (who certainly looks like Sansa) throat?!? This makes no sense to me, but I will be patient and wait to see what is going on with that..I guess.

Also, I am hoping to see more of Stannis and Davos preparing for the Blackwater, and hopefully Tyrion will start the construction of the chain this episode.

Hopefully I can actually watch this episode when it premieres Sunday night..that would make me very happy.

Well the one who draws the sword after Alton says "let me help you" is Brienne. I bet she's the one who foils his escape, setting up their relationship going into season 3.

I still believe that the "Man Without Honour" in the title is both Theon and Jaime. It sounds like something Brienne will say to the Kingslayer. I think back to episodes of The Sopranos and how episode titles often had more than one meaning or related to more than one character.

I am really excited about more Sandor Clegane. Rory McCann was great last episode. After seeing his audition for the role on youtube, I want to see how his strange relationship with Sansa will develop on screen.

I have to agree about the knife scene, that's really puzzling. Does Shae want to prevent Sansa from trying to escape? Could it have something to do with Sansa losing it and trying to burn her bed? Or has Sansa found out Shae's identity as Tyrion's whore and wants to make use of that knowledge? it remains strange.

The hunt for the Stark children will be interesting to watch. From the preview, where Theon tells Luwin "It's all just a game", I gather he is going insane.

Geeze, he didn't!

He said: "I want them dead" in a very calm and calculated manner.

No reason to make artificial drama out of it.

Ok 'I want them dead'. The scene just is just after , what looks like a number of soldiers ?... bandits?... dead in the courtyard... not clear what's that's about , Arya seems to still be Tywin's servant, so that's odd.

I think they are going to skip the whole Roose gamit at Harrenhal ,not a lot of plot advancement there.

Starting to think Weasel Soup happens this episode, seems early.

Looks like Weasel Soup is going to be structured differently, I think ending with Jaqen departing and Arya escaping...

But it's hard to puzzle out what it's going to be, the last events at Harrenhal E6 clouds things.

Starting to thing Weasel Soup happens this episode, not seems early.

Looks like Weasel Soup is going to be structured differently, I think ending with Jaqen departing and Arya escaping...

I'm starting to think weasel soup isn't happening at all. No prisoners to speak of (although that could change, and would also help register Bolton in the mind of the non-book reading viewer as it will be his men) and they missed a trick with the whole double meaning of weasel soup. We never got to see Weasel the kitchen girl.

I think the last man she asks Jaqen to kill- after deciding that killing Joffrey/Tywin won't help her escape- will be a soldier guarding a door, allowing Arya and Gendry (I predict Hot Pie will be left here but that would suck) to escape. Having Arya slaughter the guardsman might be too much of a jump at this point.

Hope I'm wrong though. Weasel soup was good fun.

I'm curious how far they will go with Bran and Rickon. Will they try to fool the audience into thinking Theon killed them, similar to the book, or will they tip them off and maybe actually show the scene at the miller's. I think they might have to. Otherwise the reveal will just be too difficult. They could do it with a flashback, but I don't think there has been a single flashback in the entire series so far. If they just pop out of the crypt, people are going to be really confused. I suppose Theon could tell Luwin, or Dagmar.

In any case, I think Theon's "killing" of Bran and Rickon has to happen this upcoming episode. I think the episode will end with Theon putting "Bran" and "Rickon" up on spikes. Then the next episode Catelyn gets the raven and releases Jamie. Or they could end the upcoming episode with Jamie's release (after Cat finds out about Bran and Rickon).

I'm curious how far they will go with Bran and Rickon. Will they try to fool the audience into thinking Theon killed them, similar to the book, or will they tip them off and maybe actually show the scene at the miller's. I think they might have to. Otherwise the reveal will just be too difficult. They could do it with a flashback, but I don't think there has been a single flashback in the entire series so far. If they just pop out of the crypt, people are going to be really confused. I suppose Theon could tell Luwin, or Dagmar.

In any case, I think Theon's "killing" of Bran and Rickon has to happen this upcoming episode. I think the episode will end with Theon putting "Bran" and "Rickon" up on spikes. Then the next episode Catelyn gets the raven and releases Jamie. Or they could end the upcoming episode with Jamie's release (after Cat finds out about Bran and Rickon).

When Bran and Rickon leave the crypts, and find Luwin in the godswood, he will tell them that he knew it wasn't Bran and Rickon due to the muscled legs. That'll explain it.

I am really excited about more Sandor Clegane. Rory McCann was great last episode. After seeing his audition for the role on youtube, I want to see how his strange relationship with Sansa will develop on screen.

I have to agree about the knife scene, that's really puzzling. Does Shae want to prevent Sansa from trying to escape? Could it have something to do with Sansa losing it and trying to burn her bed? Or has Sansa found out Shae's identity as Tyrion's whore and wants to make use of that knowledge? it remains strange.

The hunt for the Stark children will be interesting to watch. From the preview, where Theon tells Luwin "It's all just a game", I gather he is going insane.

The episode description states that Cersei counsels Sansa,and based on the preview,Sansa was holding her neck,so this would be the scene where Sansa gets her first moonblood...I'm glad the producers decided to keep the scene as this would make the audience who havent read the books realise ,she is still a child till this event

about Shae holding knife to Sansa...I reckon that would be the dream Sansa has,that explains why she holds her neck as she woke up,the same thing about the Hound talking to Sansa scene,i think that is also a dream sequence

I'm starting to think weasel soup isn't happening at all. No prisoners to speak of

They already established that the prison cells are all full. So, while we might not have Weasel soup, I'm confident that we'll have some kind of soup.

I don't know how well the moonblood scene will work in the TV series. If Sansa looked as she did in the pilot, then sure. Or even if she looked young. But she has grown fairly tall, and I don't think it's believable to say that she hasn't gone through puberty yet. You remember during the Cercei dinner scene? Marcella asks when Sansa and Joffrey will be maried, and Cercei says when the war is over. In the books the wedding is supposed to occur when she gets her moonblood. Maybe they will still have the moonblood scene, I just think it would be weird with an actress that is nearly 6 foot, and clearly past that particular age.

The episode description states that Cersei counsels Sansa,and based on the preview,Sansa was holding her neck,so this would be the scene where Sansa gets her first moonblood...I'm glad the producers decided to keep the scene as this would make the audience who havent read the books realise ,she is still a child till this event

about Shae holding knife to Sansa...I reckon that would be the dream Sansa has,that explains why she holds her neck as she woke up,the same thing about the Hound talking to Sansa scene,i think that is also a dream sequence

I agree with you I think she is just dreaming at least in the Shae part besides Shae doesn't have any reason to threat Sansa at this point unless they decided to made up one...

I'm starting to think weasel soup isn't happening at all. No prisoners to speak of (although that could change, and would also help register Bolton in the mind of the non-book reading viewer as it will be his men) and they missed a trick with the whole double meaning of weasel soup. We never got to see Weasel the kitchen girl.

I think the last man she asks Jaqen to kill- after deciding that killing Joffrey/Tywin won't help her escape- will be a soldier guarding a door, allowing Arya and Gendry (I predict Hot Pie will be left here but that would suck) to escape. Having Arya slaughter the guardsman might be too much of a jump at this point.

Hope I'm wrong though. Weasel soup was good fun.

I still have faith, but such a change doesn't now seem impossible. Arya NOT taking charge of her own life and ot killing the guard herself come season end seems like a waste of development. Though. As has been said, they've kept her hands clean so far. If Hot Pie and Genrdy don't get a few scenes in the next episodes it wouldn't surprise me if atleast Hot Pie stayed behind.

However, we know some slaughtering is going on next episode, we know Ayra "calls in her final debt with Jaqen in a way that displeases him" in ep8 and we know she gets the coin in the season finale. So for me, killing the guard wouldn't displease Jaqen and it wouldn't take 2 episodes. I just think the circumstances of hr final debt will change slightly (i.e. not Northenmen, Roose etc). It could all still fit in there somehow. Hopefully, if Kings Landing gets an entire episode in "Blackwater" the characters North will have the lions share in the other episodes.

Exactly, the line "Ayra calls in her final debt with Jaqen in a way that displeases him" can only mean one thing. He has started his willingness to kill anyone, so he wouldn't be displeased if that was anyone but himself. She might not be freeing Bolton prisoners, but surely something similar. It's just too good a plot point to miss up on, as is her murder of the guard at the end of her last chapter.

I still have faith, but such a change doesn't now seem impossible. Arya NOT taking charge of her own life and ot killing the guard herself come season end seems like a waste of development. Though. As has been said, they've kept her hands clean so far. If Hot Pie and Genrdy don't get a few scenes in the next episodes it wouldn't surprise me if atleast Hot Pie stayed behind.

However, we know some slaughtering is going on next episode, we know Ayra "calls in her final debt with Jaqen in a way that displeases him" in ep8 and we know she gets the coin in the season finale. So for me, killing the guard wouldn't displease Jaqen and it wouldn't take 2 episodes. I just think the circumstances of hr final debt will change slightly (i.e. not Northenmen, Roose etc). It could all still fit in there somehow. Hopefully, if Kings Landing gets an entire episode in "Blackwater" the characters North will have the lions share in the other episodes.

I find it had to believe that D&D are not found of Arya's trick on Jaqen.

I has all the makings of cleverly constructed drama and one of George's masterpieces.

What follows can be different that would not bother me, I still expect something with more action than we have seen from Jaqen.

Could it have something to do with Sansa losing it and trying to burn her bed?

Most obvious for me. Sansa's bleeding and becoming mad and Shae stopping her.

As for the Arya trick, I think from the quick summary of episode 8, we sure will have it, the ending might differs, but she will surely ask Jaqen to kill Jaqen.

Archived