Trivial complaints about your life

Mack Kilimaro

My coworkers are trying to get me to take more of their classes by using the argument "For the student's sake." Great, if I say no, I am lazy and don't care about the students. Just like before, they don't offer to change schedules around, or swap lessons, no. They just want me to work more. I already teach five more hours a week than the next closest colleague.

I just got home from the hospital... I lost my hearing in my left ear today, and freaked out and went to the ER. I am just getting back to work after an injury, and my health insurance will not kick in for another month. I have swimmer's ear. It should clear up after a few days of antibiotics. All of this just cost me $1,000 and a whole night sitting in an emergency room. This day is not starting off too well,,,

I just got home from the hospital... I lost my hearing in my left ear today, and freaked out and went to the ER. I am just getting back to work after an injury, and my health insurance will not kick in for another month. I have swimmer's ear. It should clear up after a few days of antibiotics. All of this just cost me $1,000 and a whole night sitting in an emergency room. This day is not starting off too well,,,

This is the thread for trivial complaints. Not having a national health system is not a trivial complaint. :frown5:

And I'm just checking on some replies to posts I made, and some "likes" I received, and damn it, both the threads involved are gone. Both were topics that could derail, but when I went to bed last night both were civil and moving along very reasonably. Why couldn't the last few posts just have been removed and the threads locked?

And I'm just checking on some replies to posts I made, and some "likes" I received, and damn it, both the threads involved are gone. Both were topics that could derail, but when I went to bed last night both were civil and moving along very reasonably. Why couldn't the last few posts just have been removed and the threads locked?

Are you maybe talking about the "hate it up" thread ? I think the America sucks/America is the superior culture derailment did it.It's a shame though.

It is legal in downtown San Francisco. The lights in some major downtown intersections are timed <blahblahblah>

More to the point, I learned the other day during my 40 minute trek from where I had passed out in China Town back to King Street to become a professional jay-walker. Like everybody else.

Also, if you hang on to your cig butt waiting for a trash can you'll be waiting a loooooong time.

Ever try watching a show at the same time while skyping that person? Better than being alone, and you can at least talk and have visual reaction.

This is in fact, good fun.

Are you maybe talking about the "hate it up" thread ? I think the America sucks/America is the superior culture derailment did it.It's a shame though.

Do you know what happened to the best sex scene thread?

OMG - I may have derailed the hate thread. Someone made an obscure comment in response to my post about reading with 21st century morality in mind, and I asked for a better understanding because it sounded interesting, but told him not to rush, I wouldn't read it til the morning. The comment was about bureaucracy, deficits and too much power to the police. Whoops. In my defence, I was tired and thought I just couldn't understand the comment. :frown5:

More to the point, I learned the other day during my 40 minute trek from where I had passed out in China Town back to King Street to become a professional jay-walker. Like everybody else.

I thought you said you weren't doing that anymore, lol.

Do you know what happened to the best sex scene thread?

OMG - I may have derailed the hate thread. Someone made an obscure comment in response to my post about reading with 21st century morality in mind, and I asked for a better understanding because it sounded interesting, but told him not to rush, I wouldn't read it til the morning. The comment was about bureaucracy, deficits and too much power to the police. Whoops. In my defence, I was tired and thought I just couldn't understand the comment. :frown5:

No sorry I don't.

I don't think you should worry about that. The last comments which are probably the ones that had the thread locked were not about a moral stand or the moderate discussion you were having with whoever but quite literally saying " I hate conceited Americans who think they're better than everyone else" and "The government sucks but the culture is superior to everyone else's"...

Swimmer's ear is the worst- super painful. I used to get it all the time when I was a kid. We found that a mixture vinegar and water was a pretty decent home remedy.

As for my trivial problems, I got a D+ on my last chemistry exam, and I will probably fail the one I'm taking today. Also, I haven't had hot water in my apartment for 2 and half weeks. Maintenance has come twice but haven't fixed it. Ugh. Hopefully when they come again this afternoon, it will be fixed.

It won't stay dry for long enough for us to mow the lawn. Around 10% of it hasn't been done at all this year and is a foot high. The rest has been done but now needs doing again.

I can't massage my own shoulder to get rid of the trapped nerve.

I apply for jobs, and send my book to agents, and NO ONE EVER EVEN SODDING REPLIES.

I thought you said you weren't doing that anymore, lol.

In China, maybe. I still reserve the right to pass out in various areas of San Francisco though.

Also, "passing out" these days may very well just mean I was that fucking tired, not drunk.

Shit.

Revan - just start going Ito bar after bar and hitting up random members of your preferred sex. Some caution should be taken to watch out for potential beatings. Sooner or later someone will solve you problem and/or rob you.

My trivial complaint for the day is that I get off work at one, but I'm unmotivated and so don't want to do anything for the next 4 hours.

...Do they have horrid ravenous swarms of deer flies in other states like they do here?

Holy shit, yes! I'm in North Dakota (you're in Minnesota, right?) Every deer fly I kill seems to be replaced by 10 more!

I've been there. My son could live happily in crapped diapers. Did you get "Everybody Poops?" Hang in there, buddy. Sooner or later it will happen.

I know what you mean. I'll check out "Everybody Poops". We have, of course, gotten several other things (e.g. an Elmo potty training dvd and book because he loves Elmo) but we haven't tried "Everybody Poops" yet.

My friend, this is no trivial complaint. My heart is with you. This shall pass!

Yeah, I think in the grand scheme of things it is kind of trivial but it's just that his older sister potty trained easily and lulled us into a false sense of complacency :crying:

Oh, and to keep things on topic, my complaint right now is: It's Friday in July and I'm at work!

Archived