Arrow

Myrddin

Last week was great. I loved how Felicity kept showing up at awful times in awkward situations. I got a good kick out of that. As well as her "I love having you inside of me Ollie" line, although that was very forced. They really need to have Ollie and Felicity start hooking up. They're great together and have SO MUCH more chemistry than Laurel and Ollie.

Anyway, definitely beginning to see that Tommy's dad is 100% going to die and Tommy will be angry with Arrow and turn into the villain. Also am kind of excited for Roy Harper/Thea to start investigating Ollie. Ollie needs a good sidekick who he can mentor and Thea needs something interesting to do.

Last week was great. I loved how Felicity kept showing up at awful times in awkward situations. I got a good kick out of that. As well as her "I love having you inside of me Ollie" line, although that was very forced. They really need to have Ollie and Felicity start hooking up. They're great together and have SO MUCH more chemistry than Laurel and Ollie.

Anyway, definitely beginning to see that Tommy's dad is 100% going to die and Tommy will be angry with Arrow and turn into the villain. Also am kind of excited for Roy Harper/Thea to start investigating Ollie. Ollie needs a good sidekick who he can mentor and Thea needs something interesting to do.

Yeah I was kind of disappointed when Ollie hooked up with the police woman instead of going for Felicity.

And I also think that they are setting Tommy up as a sympathetic villain. He'll probably have to take over the family company and stumble over the Dark Arrow-Cave a'la Harry Osborne in Spider-Man 2. I had hoped in the beginning that they would show that Tommy had taken up archery as a hobby during Ollie's time at the island.

I really like Tommy's character, so if they do take him down the dark path, I hope it's done credibly. And not just because Ollie kills his father and stole his girl friend.

Helloh. My name is Thomas Merlyn. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Just googled the actor. He's relatively new to acting in tv (second gig), with his background being on and off Broadway. He's got a good presence though and still reminds me of Ewan McGregor.

So just caught up with the latest episode. Malcolm's reaction to pulling back the hood. What do you make of it? It seemed a little more emotionally invested than. "Former best friend of my son." Or even. "Oh no! it's the son of my (kind of) current ally- Who I would kill in a heart beat anyway...." Seriously I'm curious. I can't wait until the next episode.

the thing I don't get is that Ollie spent 5 years surviving on a hostile island, and was taught how to fight by a few people such as Yao Fei's daughter. He also has been using his skills since he returned to bring down bad guys left and right, so he is in top shape. He is also driven to end this threat to the city and see his father avenged.

Malcolm has apparently spent 2 years away after his wife's death, and most likely that's when he learned how to fight. He also spends a lot of his time running his company and making sure the Undertaking is proceeding according to plan. Yet in both confrontations between the two so far, Malcolm comes out the better. HOW?

I guess. There is a small part of me that thought maybe there is a "Luke I am your Father" type story line there. If done right it could be.... alright. Otherwise I hope it's something much cooler. Or shock. I'd be still confused by that reaction. But I can live with it

the thing I don't get is that Ollie spent 5 years surviving on a hostile island, and was taught how to fight by a few people such as Yao Fei's daughter. He also has been using his skills since he returned to bring down bad guys left and right, so he is in top shape. He is also driven to end this threat to the city and see his father avenged.

Malcolm has apparently spent 2 years away after his wife's death, and most likely that's when he learned how to fight. He also spends a lot of his time running his company and making sure the Undertaking is proceeding according to plan. Yet in both confrontations between the two so far, Malcolm comes out the better. HOW?

My husband and I had the same conversation last night. Ollie's ass was handed to him. Twice. I guess I would have less of a problem if the fight was much closer. But it was a smack down. Unless something else is at play. Supernatural roids type thing. I don't get it.

So just caught up with the latest episode. Malcolm's reaction to pulling back the hood. What do you make of it? It seemed a little more emotionally invested than. "Former best friend of my son." Or even. "Oh no! it's the son of my (kind of) current ally- Who I would kill in a heart beat anyway...." Seriously I'm curious. I can't wait until the next episode.

I found that interesting as well. It felt more of a "Oh no, this is going to cause some problems" type deal to me. Could be that he still needs the help of the Queen family for something?

The fact that the Queen family company owns Unidac makes me think that Malcolm is also setting up the Queen family to take the hit in regards to the Undertaking. It would certainly be interesting if Ollie fails to stop the Undertaking and he has to instead focus on cleaning up the resulting mess caused in the following seasons.

Of course he's going to fail at stopping it, or at least not succeed completely. They need something to keep him going for the next season.

I'm thinking that he might stop the doomsday MacGuffin but Moira ends up being killed, which makes him realise that stopping the Undertaking wasn't enough and that he has to keep fighting the good fight. I can't see them killing off any of the others in the main cast like Diggle, Laurel, Thea, or Felicity.

In fact, they better not kill off Felicity.

Malcolm trained with the League of Assassins (Shadows). He's a complete badass.

Yeah, obviously Yao Fei and Shado are pretty badass, but they got nothing on who Malcolm was training with. Arrow is still a better archer, but he's really not that much of a badass in hand-to-hand combat. I'm not surprised Malcolm can beat him in that.

Really? The same league that Batman deals with in the Nolan movies? That can explain it, though 2 years is still a bit short to become a complete badass.

Still considering what the Undertaking is, it makes perfect sense that he was with the League of Shadows

I'm assuming his training began in those two years but it doesn't mean it stopped. He's been doing stuff as the Dark Archer before Oliver showed up.

There are plot holes in the story, but I don't think that's one of them so long as we accept "supernatural" Kung Fu shit.

Yeah, I'd assume that even after those two years, he kept honing his skills and becoming as "badass" as possible. So in essence, he has about 20 years worth of experience on Oliver

Agreed. Two years, but that was after his wife died, before he joined up with Robert et al., years before Ollie even went to the island. There's no reason he'd have to stop training, or that he couldn't do so fairly openly; we've at least seen him with a fencing instructor before, and going by the weapons room off his office, it's not a stretch to assume he does a lot more than that.

See that makes sense. I am a show only watcher. And the time lines didn't click. I'm glad I'm not the only one who missed it. I think it's probably due to the years mentioned is Ollie's 5 years away vs Malcolm's 2 years away. And we constantly see Oliver training and keeping physically in tune. Where as we see Malcolm mostly in meetings and suits. So there is (IMO) a disconnect in anticipating skill levels. But yeah, 20 years xp does beat 5 years xp.

Archived