Arrow

Myrddin

I hope we keep seeing Oliver's back story this and next season. (I want to see how he became a part of the Russian mob and all that and that's just not something never explained or just "hey this happened", so yeah)

Looking forward to next week.

Of course he's going to fail at stopping it, or at least not succeed completely. They need something to keep him going for the next season.

I'm thinking that he might stop the doomsday MacGuffin but Moira ends up being killed, which makes him realise that stopping the Undertaking wasn't enough and that he has to keep fighting the good fight. I can't see them killing off any of the others in the main cast like Diggle, Laurel, Thea, or Felicity.

In fact, they better not kill off Felicity.

Right now there are too many characters who seem to know that Ollie is the Hood: Diggle, Felicity, Tommy Meryln, and now Malcolm Merlyn. And consider that his identity has yet to be revealed to the obvious three: Thea ("Speedy"), Roy Harper, and Laurel. In order to keep his "secret identity" credible, the writers may have to cut down on the characters who know. However popular Felicity may be, she seems fairly expendable as far as cast members and characters go.

Felicity had been bumped to series regular next season I believe.

And you guys have it wrong, it's Tommy who is going to bite it. Leaning Malcolm with a reason to go after Ollie forever...

I suspect that they may go the route of Ollie's secret getting out. I don't think Green Arrow islikeBatman in trends of secret identity.

I suspect that they may go the route of Ollie's secret getting out. I don't think Green Arrow islikeBatman in trends of secret identity.

Dude's a mass murderer, if his identity gets out he's fucked.

I'd be sad if Tommy died, he seems to be one of the few people who gets that Ollie is not right in the head. I'm still surprised Felicity warmed up to his crazy vigilante tactics.

Realistically, the only possible character deaths I can see are Walter, Malcom, Tommy, Moira, or Detective Lance.

Walter dying after his rescue seems ridiculous, especially since he's divorcing Moira [and will likely be off the show]. Killing Moira would put pressure on Ollie to assume some role in the family business so that's unlikely.

Both Merlyns are expendable, though killing Tommy removes the love triangle. Killing Malcom would suck since we have so little back story on his time in Nanda Parbat, better he flee the city in disgrace.

Detective Lance only brings his contempt for Ollie to the show, guess we could get a little mileage out this in Season 2? Or is it better to kill him off via a grand send off this week?

I hope we keep seeing Oliver's back story this and next season. (I want to see how he became a part of the Russian mob and all that and that's just not something never explained or just "hey this happened", so yeah)

Looking forward to next week.

Supposedly the back story will continue as long as the show goes or something like that. The last flashback in the last episode is supposed to be the first scene we see of Ollie getting off the island. I don't think that story is even close to being over.

However popular Felicity may be, she seems fairly expendable as far as cast members and characters go.

This is the CW we're talking about, they'll bump off Diggle before they get rid of Felicity.

Dude's a mass murderer, if his identity gets out he's fucked.

CW/comic book/television logic. Sins of the set up, you'll notice he doesn't kill just randomly anymore, not really, are to be forgiven/glossed over for the greater advancement of the show. Doesn't mean it's right, but it's just as likely as any other scenario.

Loved the finale if only because I appreciated how they seemingly went against the grain. For one, I expected Tommy to grow into his father's role, but I liked his hero's death better. Beyond that, I liked that they had the guts to actually go through with leveling the Glades, and I'm hoping something this catastrophic will have lasting effects going into next season. Overall, I just liked that the stakes were raised.

Not bad. Called Tommy's death, but not the method. That Malcolm is still alive gives some spice to the future.

It was mostly well done.

Is say the Glades well be wrecked well into next season and with his mother in jail, Oliver will have to take over Queen Consolidated and user it to rebuild.

Not bad. Called Tommy's death, but not the method.

I'd rather they'd killed off Laurel or Thea's boyfriend, but at least Tommy now avoids turning evil out of jealousy or something equally stupid.

That Malcolm is still alive gives some spice to the future.

Is he still alive? I thought Oliver was lying to Tommy to make him feel better.

Was I the only one laughing at how they treated the earthquake machine like a bomb they needed to disarm? It's not like it can explode, it's a highly complex, super sensitive high-tech device. Breaking any component would prevent it from working. Hell, giving it a swift kick would probably disable it.

I though Detective Lance was going to shoot it and kill himself with a Star Trek exploding electronics type thing.

Kinda suprised Crixusstroke didn't loose an eye in the missile explosion.

Have to wonder if Shado is going to turn up with little baby Connor.

Loved the finale if only because I appreciated how they seemingly went against the grain. For one, I expected Tommy to grow into his father's role, but I liked his hero's death better. Beyond that, I liked that they had the guts to actually go through with leveling the Glades, and I'm hoping something this catastrophic will have lasting effects going into next season. Overall, I just liked that the stakes were raised.

Yeah, it was one of the better season finales in recent memory. Sad Tommy had to go, so many better characters to kill off. Corny that Thea has "wicked aim", guess Ollie will get his sidekicks in S2.

I liked this show more when Ollie was clearly a bit of a nut job. Now it seems like they are trying to rework him into a superhero by glossing over all the people he's murdered.

Very impressed with the finale. I can't believe this show is on the CW. :)

at least Tommy now avoids turning evil out of jealousy or something equally stupid.

Me too. As much as I'm sad to see him go, I liked Tommy's character too much to see him turn to the dark side for shallow reasons. At least his dad turned for (initially) valid reasons, that later twisted into the Undertaking.

Even though the endgame felt too much like Batman Begins*, I'm still loving this show. Looking forward to season 2 starting this Fall.

*League of Shadows seeks to destroy The Narrows with a Microwave Emitter = Dark Archer seeks to destroy The Glades with a Seismic Device

Not a bad finale, but I too prefer crazy Ollie to heroic, self-sacrificing Ollie.

*League of Shadows seeks to destroy The Narrows with a Microwave Emitter = Dark Archer seeks to destroy The Glades with a Seismic Device

The League was trying to destroy all of Gotham, they just started things in the Narrows. ;)

Is he still alive? I thought Oliver was lying to Tommy to make him feel better.

I was left with the impression that he looked dead, but since we never saw a body being removed, just Malcolm slumped over...I'm leaving it open that he could return.

I liked this show more when Ollie was clearly a bit of a nut job. Now it seems like they are trying to rework him into a superhero by glossing over all the people he's murdered.

That would be the comic book logic for you. It is what it is and I don't think you can expect better on this.

I was left with the impression that he looked dead, but since we never saw a body being removed, just Malcolm slumped over...I'm leaving it open that he could return.

After he collapsed, they showed a close up of his face: he looked dead.

That would be the comic book logic for you. It is what it is and I don't think you can expect better on this.

I don't know. I felt his change was believable considering all he went through and all of Diggle's sermons.

I don't know. I felt his change was believable considering all he went through and all of Diggle's sermons.

I don't think it was that unbelievable either, but I sure got more enjoyment watching crazy Ollie.

Archived