Winter Is Coming - Ready or Not

Fragile Bird

• 2 weeks later...

The winter here in Sweden has been relatively cold, though nothing exceptional. Quite a good amount of snow. I am growing a beard to honor the season, partially inspired by ASOIAF I am sure..

• 2 weeks later...
Cold here in Michigan. It's SEVEN, which converts to -13 Celsius. Damn cold however you figure it.

It's 6F here but with the wind chill factor, it feels like a balmy -16F. (That's -15C and -27C!)

I feel once its below 0, it doesn't really matter if its -3 or -20. Its just COLD!

When I saw the topic I thought the same thing Arya thought when she heard that "the night is dark and full of terrors".

Not for me.

In Florida they close the schools down if the forecast indicates there is a slight chance it might snow. And that's only

happened twice in the last 10 years.

The temperature dipped all the way down to 45F/6C during the day earlier this month. Everyone was shivering except for the remote worker who was in town from Phill - he just laughed in his t-shirt and called us pussies.

If I can last until Sunday, the temperature should rise above -20C. Hahaha

Heh, now it's about -7-8C during the day, but around Friday it's supposed to drop below -15C (and even -25C at night). Though next week the thaw is coming, they say, strange as it may seem. And it's still snowing.

I am not ready for winter! The south west of England doesn't usually get hit badly with the cold weather, but we got some horrible hailstones and a huge thunderstorm in Plymouth last night, looks like Cornwall got hit with some pretty bad snow and ice, and parts of the A38 through Devon and Cornwall is closed. I don't like it :frown5:

• 3 weeks later...

Time to bump this baby up.

We are getting our worst snow storm of the year today, with possibly more then a foot of snow (30 cm), maybe a foot and a half. I am watching CNBC and they had the weather channel guy on on the shore in New Jersey, and showed scenes of downtown New York City, you guys don't have the snow yet but trust me it;'s coming.

I hate shovelling snow. :(

It started to snow at noon yesterday, and by 5.30 pm driving home was very slow, and that was just the light stuff, the heavy stuff wasn't supposed to hit until midnight. Then the storm really slowed down, so now they say it will be here longer and we will get more snow than expected. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2013/02/07/toronto-snow-storm.html

Archived