Winter Is Coming - Ready or Not

Fragile Bird

We are getting parts of the Midwestern winter storm here except its currently manifesting itself as 45 degrees and rain. Its supposed to turn into ice and maybe snow later tonight with high winds so maybe more wintery then. But in the meantime I'm outside splashing around in my wellies not understanding those who are wearing ballet flats today.

Looks like we're going to get our white Christmas. We've gotten about 8 - 10 inches of snow over yesterday and today. More is predicted for tomorrow. Of course, I haven't been out of the house since Monday. Post-op and on crutches plus winter weather is a pretty bad combo. Maybe I'll brave the back porch tomorrow.

-35 F on the route today. (colder than the wimps using the C scale want to think about).

Stil not above 0 F.

Except when it warmed up enough to snow a couple times, its been like this since before Thanksgiving.

Maybe this cold patch will migrate south....

I just came in from shovelling snow for an hour and a half. Got the front done, the public sidewalk and the walk to my front door, the walkway down the side of the house and the walkway behind the house, but not all the way to the garage, I got tired. Oh, and the steps, front and back. I am so happy I put windows and a door on my veranda in the past year - that means there isn't two feet of drifted snow on the porch. The weather report said we were getting 5 to 10 cm (2 to 4 inches), and I don't know yet what we officially got, but the snow drifted to about a foot or more (12 inches or 30 cm) and is wet and heavy because it's quite mild temperature wise, -3 C or about 29 F.

technically we had a white Christmas and this morning we got about 5ish inches of very heavy wet snow. Jack needs to grow up quickly so he can go shovel and learn the benefits of living in New England.

It's been snowing here. A view from my front porch this afternoon. All this since Christmas. The kids are begging Dad to take them sledding on campus. The hill in the back yard isn't steep enough. It's perfect snow, too. I am looking longingly at those snow tubes and my skis.

Archived