Winter Is Coming - Ready or Not

Fragile Bird

The Christmas decorations are already overtaking the Halloween decorations that got put out on August 1...and I've been able to wear jeans for the past 2 days comfortably...something wicked this way comes...

The Christmas decorations are already overtaking the Halloween decorations that got put out on August 1...and I've been able to wear jeans for the past 2 days comfortably...something wicked this way comes...

I love this, it makes me so excited. It's been getting colder here, but apparently we're meant to get another round of hot weather. Grumble. Bring me autumn!

• 4 weeks later...

First full day of autumn and we are having a gorgeous Indian summer. It's wonderful, I can get the back steps painted and the garden cleaned up in lovely, sunny weather. :)

Same here in NoDak-land! We're having wonderful weather but the beautiful Fall colors have started coming in due to how cold it's been at night. The really nice thing, and this is somewhat unusual, is that the grass is still really green because we got a lot of rain in August. It makes the Fall colors even better! Like you we also have some chores to get done but I'm also looking forward to as many cozy backyard bonfires as I can squeeze in before the snow flies :cheers:

Oh, that certainly is the rumour. The Farmer's Almanac and Environment Canada are both saying the winter will be tough. I found a beautiful parka to buy, and returned it, because I decided it was too short, not covering enough of my rear end, something important if we're going to have a bad winter.

It's still warm for most of the day here, with bright sunshine, then getting a bit chilly in the evening. It's almost time to get the jumpers out!

I love the autumn leaves. There are some beautiful streets around here, with huge houses and wide paths, facing towards a public garden with a fountain. I love driving down them, especially with all the leaves everywhere. It looks lovely.

was down to 47 F last night.

absolutely gorgeous day here, didn't make it out of the 60's.

Ha ha! Daylight no longer rules over darkness, night reigns and they will only become longer!

There's something absolutely thrilling to me to see each day nightfall come just a little earlier until eventually it's getting dark at 4:30 in the afternoon.

was down to 47 F last night.

absolutely gorgeous day here, didn't make it out of the 60's.

Ha ha! Daylight no longer rules over darkness, night reigns and they will only become longer!

There's something absolutely thrilling to me to see each day nightfall come just a little earlier until eventually it's getting dark at 4:30 in the afternoon.

The night is dark and full of terrors. And seasonal affective disorder!

We've had heavy rains this spring (causing some of the worst floods we've ever had), our summer was rather wet as well, and the autumn has started with rain though yesterday was a bit sunny and today looks very nice.

I'm not the guy who likes the scorching heat Belgrade gets in summer (about 40ºC) but it really bothers me that we've had such a crappy summer.

It's as if I didn't get my yearly dose of sunshine and getting one this late is rather unlikely.

If winter goes the same way, we'll get a repeat of the one we had in 2011/2012 when temperatures went as low as -25ºC.

This summer was shittily wet and cold in this broader part of the world, as Baxus here mentioned. Right now it is 17°C and sunny (I went out in shorts and a t-shirt earlier), but it has been changing all the time in the past few days - some rain, some sunshine, then thunder and lightnings.

Please stop this nonsense about winter coming, I am still hoping for the last beach trip in the weekend (sea temperature apparently 21°C!). :P

Wait what. :shocked:

Those people need to learn to use a calendar.

Archived