US Politics - Let the Recount begin

Howdyphillip

hmm, sure. not sure if would equate unquestioned support of one of two nearly identical parties with abolitionism though

It's not unquestioning support of one of the two parties who are not at all identical.

It's support of one of the two parties based on their actual stances on actual issues. Which is exactly how one SHOULD support a political party.

And is basically the same as abolishionism.

Every time one part wins back to backs, people talk about the other party being obsolete. That can turn around like a sonnofabitch.

Reactionism reacts.

Credit to the US for getting past the economy; I truly worried that would be the death knell and Obama would go down as Jimmy Carter again, and that was before the embassy incident. I think the Republican narrative envisioned Romney as Reagan II, god help us. But I fully expect the next President to be Republican. The kind og issues Obama will win from now on aren't the ones that will appeal to the Rep base that's preparing itself for a cross right about now.

Who is currently leading in FL? I thought Romney was?

Romney is by a narrow margin with the majority of uncounted votes being Miami/Dade and Broward counties...

Unless you believe that they went red for some unknown reason Obama has won Florida

What is it?

A position is a stance on a specific issue. A bias precedes a position, exists without it, is only revealed in a commonality of issue positions.

For example, against death penalty. What's the bias? Don't know. Until/unless you string together a number of other issues. A bias is something which is already determined.

"----" are _____ because they're _____."

While we were spending years showing independents and, yes, even (gasp!) actual Democrats how the way to beat corporatism was with real conservatism you Dittoheads were getting sold someone just as liberal as Obama. If you won't listen to reason, we're going to take over the Democratic Party and make it more conservative than you--at least, on the national platform.

Laugh if you want to. But we showed them how to do better than Obama, and you offered them Obama with a different haircut. Look what it got you.

Rupert Murdoch owns Fox News. Rupert Murdoch also owns the New York Post. Read it some time. Obama was the plan all the time. Gingrich? Cain? Santorum?! Are you serious? Just Rupert trying to make Romney look good to you, knowing all along he couldn't win.

You people got suckered. We tried to tell you.

It hasn't so far with the GOP.

The Tea Party has cost the GOP the Senate twice now. 2 years apart.

I'd be interested to see a breakdown of total votes in house races. Difference of margin of fraud? Does the GOP win a majority in the House because of gerrymandering? Is it just plain luck this time around because popular vote is probably going to finish within 1%. (I'm still a fan of Electoral College regardless.)

If Mourdock lost while Romney won, I'd say he was a victim of the media. His saying that every new life is a blessing from God just plain got spun. Akin is a douche though.

While we were spending years showing independents and, yes, even (gasp!) actual Democrats how the way to beat corporatism was with real conservatism you Dittoheads were getting sold someone just as liberal as Obama. If you won't listen to reason, we're going to take over the Democratic Party and make it more conservative than you--at least, on the national platform.

Laugh if you want to. But we showed them how to do better than Obama, and you offered them Obama with a different haircut. Look what it got you.

Rupert Murdoch owns Fox News. Rupert Murdoch also owns the New York Post. Read it some time. Obama was the plan all the time. Gingrich? Cain? Santorum?! Are you serious? Just Rupert trying to make Romney look good to you, knowing all along he couldn't win.

You people got suckered. We tried to tell you.

What the what?

Archived