US Politics - Let the Recount begin

Howdyphillip

While we were spending years showing independents and, yes, even (gasp!) actual Democrats how the way to beat corporatism was with real conservatism you Dittoheads were getting sold someone just as liberal as Obama. If you won't listen to reason, we're going to take over the Democratic Party and make it more conservative than you--at least, on the national platform.

Laugh if you want to. But we showed them how to do better than Obama, and you offered them Obama with a different haircut. Look what it got you.

Rupert Murdoch owns Fox News. Rupert Murdoch also owns the New York Post. Read it some time. Obama was the plan all the time. Gingrich? Cain? Santorum?! Are you serious? Just Rupert trying to make Romney look good to you, knowing all along he couldn't win.

You people got suckered. We tried to tell you.

I just want to make sure this work of art doesn't get edited.

Look at this thing you made. Look at it. And feel shame.

feel free. also feel free to replace limbaugh with generic rightwing blowhard though.

hmm, sure. not sure if would equate unquestioned support of one of two nearly identical parties with abolitionism though

But Limbaugh is not a generic rightwing blowhard. He is the King of the Blowhards and even Republican politicians kowtow when they run afoul of him. You might as well call Mace Tyrell just some lord from the Reach.

Maddow's support is not unquestioned. I have seen her, with my own eyes, call out and criticize Democrats on her show.

And do you have anything that Maddow said that is comparable to Rush's vicious and misogynistic trashing of Sandra Fluke? Or are we just going to pretend that you didn't see anyone asking you to justify such a fatuous comparison?

BUT STILL. Does that mean that in a year or so, you can just go to 7-Eleven (or something) and buy an ounce?

Oh, you're also allowed to grow up to six marijuana plants in your own home.

Haha I don't think so, but recreational use and commercial sale in CO has been legalized and Washington passed a similar bill thats effective dec 6th.

Every time one part wins back to backs, people talk about the other party being obsolete. That can turn around like a sonnofabitch.

Reactionism reacts.

Credit to the US for getting past the economy; I truly worried that would be the death knell and Obama would go down as Jimmy Carter again, and that was before the embassy incident. I think the Republican narrative envisioned Romney as Reagan II, god help us. But I fully expect the next President to be Republican. The kind og issues Obama will win from now on aren't the ones that will appeal to the Rep base that's preparing itself for a cross right about now.

The demographics are getting worse and worse for the Republican Party. They're losing states that they used to rely on to win electoral majorities. Virginia's getting more and more moderate. Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, even Arizona are booming with bigger Latino populations, and now Florida will go twice against them. If they can't count on Virginia and North Carolina and concede the Southwest again in 2016 I don't think they win the presidency unless Obama bombs the next four years. And I don't think that will happen.

I felt that, no matter who won tonight, the economy will improve cyclically. And the Republicans were probably going to jump at the chance to be the party that got immigration reform done and winning Latinos to their side. I think Obama pushes hard on that and even further distances the Latinos and the Southwest from the Republicans. That's a big issue for the future of these two parties. This was a weak Obama, and if this were contested even 8 years ago, he would have lost. This year Republicans ran into unfriendly demos which are only getting worse for them. Sen. Lindsey Graham has warned them.

While we were spending years showing independents and, yes, even (gasp!) actual Democrats how the way to beat corporatism was with real conservatism you Dittoheads were getting sold someone just as liberal as Obama. If you won't listen to reason, we're going to take over the Democratic Party and make it more conservative than you--at least, on the national platform.

Laugh if you want to. But we showed them how to do better than Obama, and you offered them Obama with a different haircut. Look what it got you.

Rupert Murdoch owns Fox News. Rupert Murdoch also owns the New York Post. Read it some time. Obama was the plan all the time. Gingrich? Cain? Santorum?! Are you serious? Just Rupert trying to make Romney look good to you, knowing all along he couldn't win.

You people got suckered. We tried to tell you.

I'd love to see the game plan for this.

If Mourdock lost while Romney won, I'd say he was a victim of the media. His saying that every new life is a blessing from God just plain got spun. Akin is a douche though.

Nice try but no. Mourdoch's comment was made in the context of pregnancies resulting from legitimate/forced rapes. He dug his own grave on that one.

A position is a stance on a specific issue. A bias precedes a position, exists without it, is only revealed in a commonality of issue positions.

For example, against death penalty. What's the bias? Don't know. Until/unless you string together a number of other issues. A bias is something which is already determined.

"----" are _____ because they're _____."

But you can be biased against more then just a political position. You can be biased against a party for a political position.

And bias doesn't necessarily mean it precedes evidence. Certainly not in the usage being floated around re: political parties and leanings.

Maddow is "biased" in that she leans left on the US political spectrum and fully admits it. She also does excellent journalism work.

The demographics are getting worse and worse for the Republican Party.

Actually, if you look at the county by county election results, the Republican base would have a hard time being stronger. Don't count them out of anything. That is the reason they still have the House after all.

Oh, you're also allowed to grow up to six marijuana plants in your own home.

Dopey and his six marijuana plants.

The Guardian:

Well, well, well: Michele Bachmann's lead in the sixth Minnesota congressional district has shrunk to just 206 votes, with 61% of precincts reporting.

Didn't they gerrymander her district so much so that it was as conservative as possible?

Archived