US Politics - Let the Recount begin

Howdyphillip

Again, the latter 2 are positions, not biases. Anyways, I guess we'll agree to disagree.

"Slavery is bad" is a position. Being for that position means you are biased against slavery.

I am disappointed in my beloved state of NC, but perhaps I can cling to the hope that the close election in '8 and '12 is a sign of positive change of a progressive future for NC.

It was pretty awesome that NC was even in contention. Welcome, newest purple state. ;)

"Slavery is bad" is a position. Being for that position means you are biased against slavery.

No.

Gad, I'm going where I shouldn't.

bi·as/ˈbīəs/

Noun: Prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair. Verb: Show prejudice for or against (someone or something) unfairly: "the tests were biased against women"; "a biased view of the world". Synonyms:

noun. prejudice - inclination - partiality - tendency

verb. influence - prejudice

DEA pressured Holder to make a statement against Amendment 64, but the feds just ignored the "issue". SCOTUS showdown on pot a few years down the line maybe?

Not sure the context it would come before the supreme court. Federal law trumps state law and there is absolutely nothing that makes federal laws prohibiting the distribution/possession of marijuana unconstitutional. Best hope that the federal laws are not enforced or are repealed.

The circle of rightwing lunacy is just not complete without the presence of zap, lol.

I will enjoy obama rubbing shit onto the rightwing's face later by claiming that he has received a mandate from the American people by winning both the ec and the popular vote, lol.

Archived