US Politics - Let the Recount begin

Howdyphillip

Of course, in fact you'd have to be for it to be a bias. Bias is not really different from prejudice. People always think their bias is somehow more reasonable than other people's bias, and sometimes it may be, but when you're arguing a bias you are arguing for a worth outside of the facts themselves. It's a wrong mechanism even if the answers it reaches are right.

You can disagree with them for a position, you can stand against them for a commonality of positions, but as soon as you are biased you are closed off to their existence within time. So, if they change completely and you remain biased, you'll still be against them.

Eh, all I have to go on is the meaning as it stands. I don't think anyone'e really changing the defintion of bias in general, just of their own, and that's always been true.

I don't think the definition you are using is the one anyone else is.

When people say "X person is biased", they mean they lean a certain way on an issue no matter what.

In the case of many things, there's nothing wrong with that. There's pretty much nothing you could present me with that would convince me to be pro-slavery or anti-gay.

Also, I'm not sure how to feel anymore. I mean it's the end of an era. It's been so long, I'm not even sure I remember what the world was like when Mitt Romney wasn't running for President.

The last time Mitt Romney wasn't running for President, George W Bush was the President of the United States and Barack Obama was trailing Hillary Clinton in the polls. God damn.

I am disappointed in my beloved state of NC, but perhaps I can cling to the hope that the close election in '8 and '12 is a sign of positive change of a progressive future for NC.

Don't feel bad. You guys did good and were damn close.

Hopefully in 2016.

I don't think the definition you are using is the one anyone else is.

When people say "X person is biased", they mean they lean a certain way on an issue no matter what.

In the case of many things, there's nothing wrong with that. There's pretty much nothing you could present me with that would convince me to be pro-slavery or anti-gay.

Again, the latter 2 are positions, not biases. Anyways, I guess we'll agree to disagree.

The last time Mitt Romney wasn't running for President, George W Bush was the President of the United States and Barack Obama was trailing Hillary Clinton in the polls. God damn.

Longer then that. Romney has been running for like 8 years now.

Dopey and his six marijuana plants.

The Guardian:

Well, well, well: Michele Bachmann's lead in the sixth Minnesota congressional district has shrunk to just 206 votes, with 61% of precincts reporting.

Didn't they gerrymander her district so much so that it was as conservative as possible?

No they tried to break up Oberstar's old district and knock off some of the more liberal areas from other districts into her to dilute those districts because they were confident she could carry it with those additions. This is kind of Shocking that it suddenly has gotten this close, but Graves is a serious business man in her area and more of a Blue Dog Democrat so if anyone had a chance on knocking her down, it is him. The state Republican party here might have made a mistake on how they redistricted.

The sad news is that the vote on banning gay marriage in MN is getting real close and looks as if it will make it through. I am hoping, but bleah.

Archived