US Politics - Let the Recount begin

Howdyphillip

Nice try but no. Mourdoch's comment was made in the context of pregnancies resulting from legitimate/forced rapes. He dug his own grave on that one.

You don't have to agree that every life is a gift from God. I don't actually believe it myself, being a weak athiest/agnostic, but it's not an unreasonable position to hold that each person can be a blessing, regardless of parentage.

This should probalby be a cross post to the what you're drinking thread, but it's high caliber Bulleit for this guy.

Bulleit Rye here, a true bipartisan spirit. So to speak.

The amendment is good because it's another step towards the end of the idiotic War on Drugs (and Pot specifically).

God knows how it will come down in the end, but tonight's win can only help.

Allen West (batshit-crazy-even-for-a-Republican rep in Florida) is behind by ~1000 votes in his Florida district with 97% reporting as well.

He's down again???

Fuck yeah!!! I'd given up on that hope.

Almost bought the Rye tonight. Can you describe the difference?

It's delicious. And I really like the bourbon. The rye is not as harsh as you might expect- frankly, it's pretty well-rounded for a rye, but it's not as sweet as the Bulleit bourbon. I'll pick up a bottle of the bourbon in the next week or two and do a comparison, though, because that's something that should happen.

But you can be biased against more then just a political position.

Of course, in fact you'd have to be for it to be a bias. Bias is not really different from prejudice. People always think their bias is somehow more reasonable than other people's bias, and sometimes it may be, but when you're arguing a bias you are arguing for a worth outside of the facts themselves. It's a wrong mechanism even if the answers it reaches are right.

You can be biased against a party for a political position.

You can disagree with them for a position, you can stand against them for a commonality of positions, but as soon as you are biased you are closed off to their existence within time. So, if they change completely and you remain biased, you'll still be against them.

And bias doesn't necessarily mean it precedes evidence. Certainly not in the usage being floated around re: political parties and leanings.

Eh, all I have to go on is the meaning as it stands. I don't think anyone'e really changing the defintion of bias in general, just of their own, and that's always been true.

Also, I'm not sure how to feel anymore. I mean it's the end of an era. It's been so long, I'm not even sure I remember what the world was like when Mitt Romney wasn't running for President.

Archived