Football, football, football 34

mormont

Yeah, that was not fun at all. Not good when the fans start turning on Arsene, more and more people want him to go. I'm not sure how anyone can seriously want him gone right now, is it solely based on losing to Bradford? Moving onto the game, not having that second striker ( chamakh really does not count ) hurt us quite a bit. Gervinho playing up front is not really an option given his form, I have no idea what goes on in his head sometimes. I'd like to say he'll do better, but I doubt it.

I'm not sure how anyone can seriously want him gone right now, is it solely based on losing to Bradford?

I think Wenger should go as well, and I totally understand why more and more people have finally arrived at that conclusion.

reality is just not working for me this year.

hopefully the toon bolster the side in january. the injuries have been rough. they lack depth.

against fulham after taking off hatem ben arfa they had no creativity or real threat. another flair player, a striker and some cover in the back are needed.

I think Wenger should go as well, and I totally understand why more and more people have finally arrived at that conclusion.

Given what he has given to the club, and yes I'm including the years in the champions league as an achievement, he should at least be given enough time when we're not hamstrung by the Emirates deal. What one should remember is even though we have a budget of 70 million, it includes wages + fees and that is a very small amount when you are looking to get bigger players into the club.

Do I have to feel stupid for always assuming that Aston Villa was based in London, like half the other clubs in England? If only you guys named your teams according to the city they're based in, like almost* everyone in Europe... Imagine all the fun you'd have supporting London FC or London Utd, London City or Inter London or whatever London!

_____

*I'm looking at you Bundesliga for making me assume for years that there was a city called Schalke in Germany... :uhoh:

Dude, you have a team called Evian. And don't get me started on cycling team names.

Given what he has given to the club, and yes I'm including the years in the champions league as an achievement, he should at least be given enough time when we're not hamstrung by the Emirates deal

Maybe it is this endless patience on the side of many Arsenal fans and their board, which has actually resulted in the lack of prizes and results?

I mean, get the obvious stuff out of the way. Wenger has done great, had brought the club to a far higher level than before, deserves respect for his past achievements etc. All of that is true.

And yet, the other side of the story is that Arsenal is winning nothing at all with him at the helm, and even the hallowed beautiful football of years gone by has disappeared like snow under the sun. Nowadays, seeing Arsenal is not something I look forward to anymore. And debates about whether Wenger should be sacked have gone on for years now. When is it time to finally slash the knot?

I do not see what is so wrong about giving someone else a chance with what is a really talented squad. I don't agree that Wenger is performing as best as a manager can with the current side, let alone with some reinforcements.

Arsenal has a squad that should be in the top 4. I rate the squad higher than Spurs, Liverpool, Newcastle, Everton. David Moyes is doing better with a lesser squad. What I see now is that expectations of the squad are scaled down, now that people see Wenger is doing poorly with the team, for another season. I don't think that's right, Wenger is underachieving with this squad. With this squad, Arsenal should be doing better.

He's had his chance, I 'm all for someone else getting the job.

Arsenal has a squad that should be in the top 4. I rate the squad higher than Spurs, Liverpool, Newcastle, Everton. David Moyes is doing better with a lesser squad. What I see now is that expectations of the squad are scaled down, now that people see Wenger is doing poorly with the team, for another season. I don't think that's right, Wenger is underachieving with this squad. With this squad, Arsenal should be doing better.

He's had his chance, I 'm all for someone else getting the job.

Yeah, but you said that about Ferguson.

Arsenal have finished in the top four every single season Wenger's been in charge, let's at least give him the chance to not do so before sacking him for not doing so (they're going to, by the way). People love to bring up the fact that they haven't won anything for years, but it's no coincidence that that's happened as Chelsea and City have come into money.

Yes, there are some pathetic performances in there and Wenger's made some mistakes, but what manager hasn't? The question remains - who do you think would do better that Arsenal can actually get?

Me, I think the most likely candidate is Roberto Martinez, but you can just imagine Arsenal fan's reaction if they make that swap.

I don't agree with most of the points you make, but that is hardly a surprise. I would say we've played fairly good football on occasion this season, it has certainly not been the best ( and the results show that ) but I still find that we're a good team to watch. Then again, I am most probably biased when I say that. We finished above all of the teams you mentioned Cali, I don't think we can finish higher than 3rd and given that it's where we finished last year forms the basis as to why I don't want Arsene gone. Judge the manager at the end of the season, not halfway through it. The majority of the Arsenal fans are patient, and I wouldn't want our club to fire managers every 2-3 seasons. That works for Chelsea to a certain extent, but I wouldn't want that for Arsenal. It's difficult not to bring money into this, but we don't have the capacity to spend the same amount of money that either of the United clubs do.

Do I think that any other manager can do better than third with this squad? No. Except for Giroud, we don't really have another out and out striker. Podolski can play there, but he has a tendency to go missing on quite a few occasions .

. What I see now is that expectations of the squad are scaled down,

The first 11 are good, but the squad is weak. We have no cover in the midfield on up front. Compare that to say United, who have RVP, Rooney and Hernandez . There lies the gulf between the two teams, depth has been the issue with Arsenal team for the last 3-4 seasons. He should be given time till we actually have the spending power to at least be comparable to the Chelsea, United, City.

I think Wenger's one of the best managers in the world, and that it would be a mistake to get rid of him. Arsenal owners, fans and players need to consider what he's done for the club and with what resources, how the Premiership has changed in recent years (hell, Wenger should get bonus points for how much of the City roster he scouted and developed), and thank their lucky stars that he's still around. They should be talking about building him a statue, not firing him.

Fine by me, finish fifth, sixth or seventh, get ejected in the quarter finals of the CL and win no FA Cup this year. After that you will say again how surely you need to give Wenger and his squad another chance next year.

If that is sufficient and all that you think this Arsenal team can achieve, I can see why you would not even consider replacing him. I think they can do better, with the material they have.

Fine by me, finish fifth, sixth or seventh, get ejected in the quarter finals of the CL and win no FA Cup this year. After that you will say again how surely you need to give Wenger and his squad another chance next year.

If that is sufficient and all that you think this Arsenal team can achieve, I can see why you would not even consider replacing him. I think they can do better, with the material they have.

Its more the fact that when you have a manager of Wenger's quality you do not by any means make a knee jerk reaction in the middle of a season, if Arsenal did that we would have lost Wenger after the drumming by Man United last season when the team was being utter utter dire. I can only envision Wenger being ousted if he still refuses to spend during the next transfer window and Arsenal then fail to qualify for the CL.

Dude, you have a team called Evian. And don't get me started on cycling team names.

Well, Evian is a city as well but that's beside the point since the Evian in the team's name actually do comes from the mineral water.

But the team is actually named Evian Thonon Gaillard, and based in the city of Thonon-les-bains, in kind of a New York Red Bull deal.

Archived